My treasure ive gotten from yard sale this weekend

bigjay25

WHAT UP, IM THE NEWBIE HERE AND WILL LIKE TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE FOUND FROM A YARDSALE THIS WEEKEND .

PIONEER SX 1280 PRICE PAID $35
CARVER MXR 130 price paid $ 75
a pair of klipsch kg 4 price paid $75
a pair of mirage frx 3 - price paid $15

when i was researching the speakers kg 4 i notice on my woofer thats on the back theres a logo in the center speaker from klipsch on there .The other kg 4's ive research dont have it? Any help on knowledge?

I have a bad addiction to audio. !! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to put up a separate thread for that in the SPEAKERS-section (since this is mainly about systems as a whole. Just FYI.

Any pictures? That's a great price on the KG4's. I think you'll find that the SX-1280 ("Ooh, 'vat's a BIG'un'!") is going to run rings around the Carver, so I would use that as your power AND preamp. My 2-cents. That thing is a beast (and I bet it was heavy as hell when you carried it - Check out some gut-shots of those things on Google or something). That's either the biggest or one of the biggest receivers Pioneer ever made. I can't remember what the power-handling is on those KG4's, but they're damn-fine speakers. You'll want to find out before you go crankin' that Pioneer up to ear-splitting levels.

The Mirages you have are nice, little speakers for surround or for a computer-speaker setup. If they work and there aren't any issues with surrounds or anything, then I'd say you did very-well with those.

well , i do have pictures , i just dont know how to load them on ? lol i will be moving this thread to speaker section..

The SX-1280 is one step down from TOTL, second only to the SX-1980. Anybody that's picked up a 1280 knows that it's an impressive unit. I'm working on one right now. Do be aware that ALL SX-1280s need attention on the power supply/protection boards. Pioneer ran these pretty hard, so the capacitors are all heat damaged by now. You're asking to turn your nice 1280 into a paperweight if you run it hard with the original power supply parts.

Back
Top Bottom