My turn I guess

JoZmo

So, I thought that part of a reply I posted to Wardsweb intro would make a good intro for myself, seeing it's just about what I want to say.

Luther (Wardsweb) is the man who got me started on this whole journey back in 2002.
He was giving away a turntable on the old AU site, and I had just found a stack of my records after cleaning out my parents house and needed something to play them on.

Well, Luther graciously shipped the turntable to me, then I pulled out my old Sherwood receiver that I hadn't used in years, then I needed some speakers, and then... well, the rest is history as they say.

I remember those early days well. My appetitie for anything audio was voracious, and as I had spent a good portion of my time before this trying to make music instead of listening to it, as my profile says, I was rejuvinated audiowise. I was ready to start building a system again!

I couldn't get enough; and AU and later AK was just the place to satisfy that need. Because I wasn't up on the newer stuff but remembered those names like AR, Advent, Sansui, JBL, EPI etc. from my college days and beyond when I had a few stereo systems, AK was just the place... friendly, welcoming, informative, patient with newbs and loaded with good folk passionate about audio.

Since then, I've learned tons of stuff, become more discerning and discriminating about gear and met some great members and, I always try to remember, it's about the music.

I mean think about listening to some music that you HATE on a $50G system that you love... it's just going to be $50G's of bad music!

Someday soon when I retire and have more time I have a boatload of projects that I want to attempt thanks to AK. :thmbsp:

Pete

Back
Top Bottom