My vintage Yamaha System

ep4shrt

Hi Everyone,
New member here. This is my main system that I listen to Daily one way or another.
Yamaha Power Amp's (2) M-4's
Yamaha Pre-Amp (1) C-4
Yamaha Tuner (1) T-1
Yamaha Equalizer (1) EQ- 550
Yamaha Cassette Deck (1) K-1020
Yamaha CD Player (1) CDC 655
Yamaha Turntable (1) YP-D6
And the rest is non yamaha
Dual Turntable (1) 622
Speakers :
DCM KX-212
DCM KX-10 series II
JBL L-5
Bose 501
Cervin Vega AT-10

Last edited:
Welcome, nice setup. I especially like your choice of the C-4 pre and M-4 amps. :D

Can't go wrong with the L-5's. I don't have a set, but would love to some day.

How about some pics of the setup?

pic,s

I tryed to post pics but it told me i needed security code. Someone tell me how to post pics please.
ED

Classic Yamaha gear. Love the C-4. I have a CR-1020 that I use daily in the family room. Also a MX-600 amp that is in the main system downstairs.

Welcome to AK.

Yamaha is a fabulous company..everything they make is like the workers would be shamed and shunned if they didn't give it their best effort, i love my yammie stuff.

I just got WAY outbid on a M-45 so I'll make do with my M-2 here in my office for the JBL P30s I just bought. I'll use my C-4 and T 70, and my Nachmichi 481Z.

I know that I'm a bit of a Luddite, but I think that Yamaha separates are the ONLY WAY to go, and if a speaker isn't somehow related to James Bullough Lansing, it just isn't a loudspeaker. I just can't bring my arms around the idea of an integrated amp or, God forbid, a receiver.

I'll just leave my pair of JBL 166's in the closet at home.

I''m new to this site but I'm learning a lot. If I ever get some serious money I WILL OWN a pair of JBL 4345 studio monitors, a Yamaha MX 1000 and the true TX 1000 tuner.

I would like a recommendation for a good Yamaha power amp for my JBL P30s. I liked the M-45 specs a lot: 125W x 125W RMS and 10 W of Class A power. Also, I would like to know what my RMS power s on the M-2? I know that like there is "no substitute for cubic inches", size does matter in power amps also.

I could spend all day on this site; great information.

All best,

The real Jude_the_Obscure.

big fan of the M-4 here. i think think it's one of the best amps that can be easily found used in that price ($150-200) and general power range (100-140W), and it keeps sounding better with progressively better preamps in front of it. if you ever think about upgrading your components, make sure to try out the new stuff before you start selling the Yamahas!

I would like a recommendation for a good Yamaha power amp for my JBL P30s. I liked the M-45 specs a lot: 125W x 125W RMS and 10 W of Class A power. Also, I would like to know what my RMS power s on the M-2? I know that like there is "no substitute for cubic inches", size does matter in power amps also.
The real Jude_the_Obscure.

The M-4 spec is 120W+120W 8 ohm 20Hz-20kHz 0.005% THD. The M-2 doubles that and extends the power bandwidth to 30 kHz. :tresbon:

My Yamaha stack is a little shorter than the OP - cassette KX-900RU or something like that, M-4, C-60, TX-1000U, and some newer DVD player that does CD duty. Not to mention the CA-1000 and T-720 in another room.
I guess I like that Yamaha look and sound. :yes:

Hi Everyone,
New member here. This is my main system that I listen to Daily one way or another.
Yamaha Power Amp's (2) M-4's
Yamaha Pre-Amp (1) C-4
Yamaha Tuner (1) T-1
Yamaha Equalizer (1) EQ- 550
Yamaha Cassette Deck (1) K-1020
Yamaha CD Player (1) CDC 655
Yamaha Turntable (1) YP-D6
And the rest is non yamaha
Dual Turntable (1) 622
Speakers :
DCM KX-212
DCM KX-10 series II
JBL L-5
Bose 501
Cervin Vega AT-10

Nice system. I'd recommend a new cd player though. The Yammies from that era with the Sbit DAC sound like crap - I have one (565 or 585) and never use it.

Both my old Sony (CDP-670) and new OPPO BD-83 sound A LOT better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom