My vintage Yamaha System

Having owned both, the M-2 kicks the M-45's butt. No contest to my ears.

What he said. I'd pass an an M-45, but that's just me and I go for the big stuff when it comes to separates.

I just got WAY outbid on a M-45 so I'll make do with my M-2 here in my office for the JBL P30s I just bought. I'll use my C-4 and T 70, and my Nachmichi 481Z.

I know that I'm a bit of a Luddite, but I think that Yamaha separates are the ONLY WAY to go, and if a speaker isn't somehow related to James Bullough Lansing, it just isn't a loudspeaker. I just can't bring my arms around the idea of an integrated amp or, God forbid, a receiver.

I'll just leave my pair of JBL 166's in the closet at home.

I''m new to this site but I'm learning a lot. If I ever get some serious money I WILL OWN a pair of JBL 4345 studio monitors, a Yamaha MX 1000 and the true TX 1000 tuner.

I would like a recommendation for a good Yamaha power amp for my JBL P30s. I liked the M-45 specs a lot: 125W x 125W RMS and 10 W of Class A power. Also, I would like to know what my RMS power s on the M-2? I know that like there is "no substitute for cubic inches", size does matter in power amps also.

I could spend all day on this site; great information.

All best,

The real Jude_the_Obscure.

Shoot for an MX-2000 instead of the MX-1000 for sound quality, unless you really just want to blow the rafters off. In that case, get yourself a pair of PC2002M and run em bridged for 700WPC and leave that MX-1000 in the dust.

Yes, it's the first watt that counts, but when you want power you need POWER. :D

If you want to move the M-2 to the L166's, cdfac's reco for an M-4 for those smaller speaks is spot on. I lub my M-4's. That C-4 is a GREAT preamp, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Yes, there are better, but few in sound quality at that price point and with the features the C-4 offers.

Back
Top Bottom