My wet bar vintage 1980's system

Doity

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg
Full_Size_Render_9.jpg

This system of mine has gone through a few different 'lineups' but this is my final effort. I had too much gear in there and was tired of the clutter and looking at loose RCA cords and the like. I also wanted to add some lighting to make it 'pop'. The space began life in 1977 as a wet bar, but previous owners covered up the sink. It is in the dining room and the same room as my fish tank, so it is handy when I am doing maintainence.

The system consists of pieces from Panasonic, Denon, Sony, Kenwood and Sansui. So it is a hodgepodge of stuff but it all fits together well. And the sound from the National Boombox is so nice that I hav no need for separates.

I got the Denon CD player from FleaBay luxmaster. It was in great shape and I had Tinman here on the forums do a tune up on it. It tends to like the older CD's and newer CD's skip a lot more often than not. That is funny though about it looking like a toaster oven. It really does resemble one.

I got the Denon CD player from FleaBay luxmaster. It was in great shape and I had Tinman here on the forums do a tune up on it. It tends to like the older CD's and newer CD's skip a lot more often than not. That is funny though about it looking like a toaster oven. It really does resemble one.
I really dig your system. It really does sum up the 80's fad of elecronics right down to the micro cassette player you have!!! All you need to do is get a Jukebox that plays cd's and a lava lamp now.

Back
Top Bottom