My wife's going to kill me!

Steven Tate

CEO Flat Forehead Soc.
Since I have a stack of Marantz receivers waiting for refurbishing, I generally try to stay away from Ebay. The temptation is just too great. But I fell off the wagon today and glanced at my favorites -- the 2245's. I came away with this beautiful looking specimen - all original except for LED conversion, and all operational. I don't need it....but I NEEEEED it! Includes original manual and documentation. The price was too good to pass up, so I'll just have to sell a unit to make up for it. I haven't seen one that appears to be in this good of physical condition for less than a premium price in a long time. Hopefully it looks as good as the pictures when received. Someone help me with a story to justify this to my lovely wife. :eek:

M2245_1.jpg

M2245_3.jpg

M2245_2.jpg

You are trading up and will be sending one of your older units out to someone who will put in the effort to do the upgrades. It's a wash on the $$$ and you get a better unit.

You are trading up and will be sending one of your older units out to someone who will put in the effort to do the upgrades. It's a wash on the $$$ and you get a better unit.
That's what I was thinking. My wife will hold her forgiveness until she actually sees the package go out the door. :oops:

You don't need a story.... just sneak it into the basement (or where you typically work on them) while she's out shopping or something. When she's sitting in the living room, take the old one out because it "needs to be worked on", return with the new one and hook it up. She's not going to check the serial numbers. She'll probably tell you it even sounds much better and how lucky she is to have someone so handy.

Tell her your going to be selling one of the Lesser condition units that you have....
Get it up on Craigslist a.s.a.p even without any pictures .. just to prove it. .then get it up for sale elsewhere for real later this week

I'm surprised the significant other even give us a hard time with the units. Our ROI is surely better than what their hobbies generate. ;)

I'm surprised the significant other even give us a hard time with the units. Our ROI is surely better than what their hobbies generate. ;)
My problem is that I accumulate them with every good intention of flipping them, and then I can't bring myself to part with them. My explanations for why I'm not parting with them are running out. I'm not sure how many times I can go to the well of "it's not a purchase -- it's an investment!"

My problem is that I accumulate them with every good intention of flipping them, and then I can't bring myself to part with them.

That's my problem. The longer they stay in your house, and/or the more work you put into them, the more you become attached.

Back
Top Bottom