My wife's going to kill me!

You need to get on the wagon and join SCA.
Stereo Components Anonymous

I can be your sponsor but you’ll need to show your serious and give everything to me.
That’s the hitch. I’m not really serious about shaking the disease. As long as I get a fix now and then....I’m all good! :biggrin:

Tell her you bought it for me. If she calls you on it I guess you'll have to send it to me but it is worth the risk.

Can you redirect the package to your work place? Gives you a chance to sneak it in, put it in the stack and sneak one of the lesser units out.

BillWojo

tell her you need it for your sanity.
you are a complex being and need daily fulfillment in your life... and this creates positive atmosphere in the household which is also good for her.

tell her you need it for your sanity.
you are a complex being and need daily fulfillment in your life... and this creates positive atmosphere in the household which is also good for her.
Well, it sounds good. But I think her :bs: meter would peg to the right on that one..

That’s the hitch. I’m not really serious about shaking the disease. As long as I get a fix now and then....I’m all good! :biggrin:
You are wanting the fix. Get the fix but sell a couple units for each you bring in and your junkie habit will be just fine. You are gonna make money on the sales so the habit will not be costly if you can let go as easily as you can go get. It really isn't hard to let go. It is really hard to not buy.

And you love that unit. Just think you can stack those things to the ceiling a couple few times and still not make a pile as high as many of the warehouse operations had of them brand new in the box ready to ship to eager buyers back in the day. Since you can't outdo them, just keep buying to support the habit but unload enough to pay for it and keep the collection to a reasonable volume, a couple rooms completely full of gear or less seems appropriate. Then you have the main rig, garage rig, man cave rig, extra room rig and such to hold more stuff. That should be enough to fill your collecting need. I'm more working on the fix of a purchase needed.

Last edited:
I had a wife like that, I solved the issue, I fired her......Nobody nags me about buying anything, its great!! Girlfriends are great because they live at their place and you live at your place....
Harmony!!
Once they become long term wives is becomes cost prohibitive to 'fire' them

I'm surprised the significant other even give us a hard time with the units. Our ROI is surely better than what their hobbies generate. ;)
That's exactly it in my case, but she still gets upset with the "clutter" !
She sees the good turnovers and lets them in the door. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to flip some gear... Right?

Tell her straight up you will stop buying receivers as soon as you collect as many as she has pairs of shoes. And let me assure you the shoes cost more than most “second hand” vintage receivers.

Tell her it once belonged to James Taylor or some other famous person.

Back
Top Bottom