My workbench. My New One.

kwape

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Before making this I was using a table drill and a shelf pushed together in an L shape for my repairs. This was made with; 40$ for a 4x8 sheet of plywood, 16$ for the brackets, 8$ on the hardware. The 2x4s I had on hand. This thing is sweet:D

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 56
Still got room for a wing? Can't imagine life without that extra workspace on the side. The sliding drawers were leftovers from a kitchen update ...

workbench-002.jpg

Gotta admit - your bench is a bit tidier than mine ... <G>

Very nice. I like the use of the existing stair framing as the basis for the workbench.

no, I thought of that. but it has four posts and not connected to the wall. I just followed a video on youtube that looked well built. The corners are cut at 45 angles and are resting on cutouts made in the double 2x4 posts, bolted and screwed. However, I would not suggest using 2x4's that are dried out, buy new ones. They had been sitting for some years in my basement and some of them were warped. In order to had all 4 posts square and straight, required some shimming. It came out well. It is very strong and sturdy, no wobble in it. That was my main concern. With the excess 4x8 plywood I made the shelves. This is the first workbench I've made and it came out well.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 13
Still got room for a wing? Can't imagine life without that extra workspace on the side. The sliding drawers were leftovers from a kitchen update ...

workbench-002.jpg

I'm sure additions will be made. My main reason for building this one was to make room for a scope once I find one. I was considering peg board to hold some of my tools on the wall. Another plus is proper lighting. Before I didn't have the florescent light and just a bunch of smaller lamps clamped onto shit.

My first project is recapping that little sa-7300 that will be real easy. Then that other KA-3500 on the top shelf ( has already been recapped), is giving out static on the right channel when the volume is changed. Will have to figure out what is causing that.

My bench are is a total disaster sKiZo, your space looks outright tidy. I was at mine all weekend just to get to the point of where to start. My goal is fall/winter and the ability to build again unencumbered.

Back
Top Bottom