Mystery dead left channel...

Soszai

I have a system that I love (combo of great old and new components), but the left channel has recently been acting up. And by that I mean fading by 90%+ (to the point that Audessey thinks it's no longer there). It's not the Adcom amp and it's not the speakers (I know this by having swapped connects and trying a bunch of combinations of running various channel combinations - I've redundantly tested every wire). All the amp channels (in the Adcom) work and all the speakers work.

The problem is somehow in the Denon x4000. Anything that's supposed to be coming through the left channel is badly attenuated and poor quality (and it showed up quick - over ~1 week). This is true whether I use the pre-amp out through the Adcom or the Denon's own amps. It's true whether I run either of those options through the left or right LSi25 (front speakers). The only constant is that whatever the Denon thinks should be played through the left channel... it only gets about 5-10% of the sound through that channel that it should.

Now what? I've tried unplugging the Denon, doing the factory reset, firmware, etc.... Nothing. This thing is beating me and making me look bad (I'm supposed to be the fix it guy :)

Gear:
Adcom GFA7000 (5 x 200w)
Denon x4000 AVR
Fronts: Polk LSi25
Center: LsiC
Back: Little Infinities (they're not the problem)
Good cables: 12 Gauge wire or better everywhere, Emotiva interconnects...

Back
Top Bottom