Mystery "score" - pickup tomorrow 7/19/17

If we're going the Klipsch route, might be some KSP-400, those were fairly widely available AFAIK and cost around $3k new, and definitely need a truck or van for pickup

OK One last guess...

YAMAHA NSX-10000!!! The system is going to be a Centennial system and these are the speakers. They threw away the old amp and preamp because they were dusty!

All right guys. I'm home. Let's say they did not break my back. Everything fit in an SUV. It was a middle of the road "score"...but probably the "best" I've had yet, considering...well...FREE!

Wish I had taken video as Chip suggested, that would have been epic...or something...

Equipment list and "winners" list up shortly...we DO have some winners here. And the obligatory pic, of course.

I just saw this note from him....

nc_stuckinatm0713_1920x1080.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Aw man... he posted while I was making this HILARIOUS post... :(

To cut straight to the chase since you've all been so patient, it was standard Best Buy fare. But hey, it's actually better than I was imagining!

Now...what to do with it. I'm thinking maybe garage speakers for the receiver and the mains. The subwoofer I can use in one of my three current systems...thing is kind of a beast, will have to check out some reviews on it...probably just your average 12" subwoofer, but it's plenty heavy, that's for sure! Velodyne is generally good, no? Then probably stash the center and the rear surrounds for now. Either that and set up a theater set up in my basement and just use the KEF 107's for music, but they're so darn good for HT too! Plus that's just a lot of speakers in one small room.

Another option is to give all of this to my brother, who is in to these kind of theater speakers... or "friend" who refuses to buy a proper stereo, but I hesitate to give to him, not that he wouldn't appreciate it, but he's pissing me off a little bit by being too lazy to check out any of the gear I've been pointing him towards! And I already gave him a turntable years ago anyway...

EDIT:
Final option - sell it and use the cash toward gear I actually want...or home improvement...or whatever.

I did offer to give the "sellers" some beer of their choice and try to hook them up with a smaller stereo...they said they'd be interested in that, just can't fit this set-up into their small room.

END EDIT

Anyway...
Equipment list:
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V740
Subwoofer - Velodyne CHT-12
Mains - Klipsch RF35
Center - RC-35
Rear surrounds - RS35

Anyone who guessed Klipsch (I will have to review the thread), I will donate $25 in your name to AK. Unfortunately I can only afford one $25 donation, so it will go under all of your names, if there's a place to indicate that...otherwise you just get glory and satisfaction (the donation will be made either way, whether I can list names/reasons or not)!

20170720_190359_resized.jpg

Sorry if this was anti-climactic...Best Buy stuff, but I guess at least the RF series rather than the SF...(I had a pair of those in the past, SF-3)...

Any "votes" on what to do with it, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom