Mystery "score" - pickup tomorrow 7/19/17

that's a great haul! Set up the system in the garage and get an SACD player to blast some multichannel rock! That Velodyne is a beast.

Those mentioning Klipsch - AKA "The Winner's Circle"

AudioFan!!!!! (applause!!!!!!)
superjojo!!!!! (raaaahhhhh!!!!!)
Dave_1962!!!!! (yeeeaahhh!!!!!)
xero-D-Hero!!!! (woooohooo!!!!)
mstrane21!!!!!! (booooo!!!!! only kidding...I'm running out of ways to cheer...maybe you can be the villain...)
mtlmn1971!!!!! (hissss!!!!! another villain...I guess this is pro-wrestling or something...)
audiodogster!!!!! (definitely a winner)

And I think that's it. Hope I didn't miss anyone. 7 "winners" - wish I could donate $175, but we'll go $25 to AK for playing this fun game and another $25 to re-up my membership...ran out a few days ago.

that's a great haul! Set up the system in the garage and get an SACD player to blast some multichannel rock! That Velodyne is a beast.

I like this. Even if I don't keep long-term, that would be a fun experiment! Crank some tunes while workin' on the Firebird and drinkin' some beers, heck yeah! Murica!!! Then could drag the projector outside to the garage door, move everything out a little bit (or not) and have movie night...

Or if they need tiny HT I can ship them my Athena Micra 6 system and you can ship me the Kilpsches. :)

I'm going to start out giving them a little beer. First store bought, then maybe some that I make (if it turns out any good). Then maybe see what I can scrounge up for cheap for a stereo. Something like KLH, ADS, Dynaco, Advent, maybe Overnight Sensations or Q Acoustics or lower end KEF...something along those lines...and not sure yet on the "receiver"...see what I can find, whether vintage or modern or even DIY...going the 2 channel route, for sure. They may be surprised what 2 channel can do, if it's quality!

Thought about giving them my KEF 103.2's but I'm kind of partial to those!!!

Oh, also I think their $3,000 valuation is probably pretty accurate, surprisingly! Haven't done that math yet, but seems about right. Will do that sometime here...for now, gotta figure out where to put this stuff! I've got a storage room but occasionally it gets wet if we get really heavy rain (old stone foundation and need to get a gutter put back on). Plus I'm leaving for Texas tomorrow, plus I have EIGHT people about ready to show up at my house and stay for nearly a week (my wife's sister and her SEVEN kids! And three of these kids are young and wild so need to get everything on lock-down!)!

Oh, also I think their $3,000 valuation is probably pretty accurate, surprisingly! Haven't done that math yet, but seems about right. Will do that sometime here...for now, gotta figure out where to put this stuff! I've got a storage room but occasionally it gets wet if we get really heavy rain (old stone foundation and need to get a gutter put back on). Plus I'm leaving for Texas tomorrow, plus I have EIGHT people about ready to show up at my house and stay for nearly a week (my wife's sister and her SEVEN kids! And three of these kids are young and wild so need to get everything on lock-down!)!

Next lottery: Which piece of equipment will be damaged by one of your niece/nephews...? I guess that the sub woofer top gets scratched from it being used as a stool. Sorry.

Next lottery: Which piece of equipment will be damaged by one of your niece/nephews...? I guess that the sub woofer top gets scratched from it being used as a stool. Sorry.

It's all going in the storage room ASAP. Even if they go in there, there is a drum kit set up...that tends to grab ALL of their attention, so I think the speakers will be safe, provided they stay dry! (I will find something to set them on, just to be sure)

Also - these people had cats. Condition is probably 5-6 out of 10. Mostly grills needing "cleaned up" and a few places with veneer peeling off. Light scratches in a few places. Not really important to me. I just want to see someone use this stuff, whether it's me or someone else! Likely it will be "me" in the garage for awhile, while I attempt to improve the cosmetics a bit and then maybe/probably pass on to someone else...most likely my bro, at least to borrow for awhile. I think he'll love them, honestly! He's always had "surround" systems and this would definitely take it up a notch for him.

Ohhhhhh... cats. Several years ago, I saved a receiver from a "cats gone wild" situation. MUCH worse than your new score and it came out fantastic, so they can come out just fine. :thumbsup:

Have fun with all that stuff!
At the very least it's good yard sale, ebay, and Craigslist fodder. :banana:

That Velodyne is cool. They make nice stuff. I have not seen one like that though. Worth the trip just for that. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom