Mystery tonearm? Anyone know what it is?

Record Genie

Here's a mystery tonearm, which I'm sure somebody here knows more about..

I've been looking at pictures since yesterday afternoon but come up blank, it has a "falling weight" anti-skate and an unusually long and thin counterweight that's got VTF markings..

It's on a British (Scottish) turntable, so could be British, but maybe more likely Japanese?

Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 95
Here's a mystery tonearm, which I'm sure somebody here knows more about..

I've been looking at pictures since yesterday afternoon but come up blank, it has a "falling weight" anti-skate and an unusually long and thin counterweight that's got VTF markings..

It's on a British (Scottish) turntable, so could be British, but maybe more likely Japanese?

Anyone know what it is?

Looks like the tone arm of the Luxman PD-277, made by Fujiya.

p904369834-4.jpg

p889927274-4.jpg
Probably designed by Micro Seiki for Luxman. :thumbsup:

Looks like the tone arm of the Luxman PD-277, made by Fujiya.

Probably designed by Micro Seiki for Luxman. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info!

For anyone reading that's interested, it's listed on "that auction site" with a Systemdek IIX that looks nice but needs work.. I already have a Systemdek IIX with black plinth, and this one is the nicer wood veneer, but it's a bit too much money for me with the tonearm missing some parts, it looks like the bigger part of the counterweight isn't there, and the plastic armrest clip is broken/missing.. Might be good deal for someone else with some Micro Seiki / Fujiya / Luxman spare parts sitting around..

Back
Top Bottom