MYSTERY TURNTABLE? !?!?

PROJECT 2501

I found a turntable for sale locally on craigslist but I can not find ANYTHING on the net which verifies its existence. But this turntable does in fact exist since the seller has provided pictures of the turntable including the manual to it and the specs look inpressive.

The table is a NUMARK TT1600 DIRECT DRIVE PHASE LOCKED TURNTABLE.

Ive provided pictures00Q0Q_aIgNodRvc7n_600x450.jpg 00o0o_fl7RVdgSoEr_600x450.jpg 00U0U_78P5BxEfwg1_600x450.jpg photo 2.JPG

Not horrible, not spectacular. Numark is on a par with Gemini (i.e., DJ stuff). I'd tell you what I think it's worth, but that belongs in Dollars and Sense.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Specs aren't everything. As Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

I cant argue with that...but with all due respect
The topic of whether one should interpret specifications as being questionable, deceptive, or in fact an accurate disclosure of information is a separate discussion and one which does not change the fact that the specs in question happen to be on par with the most world renown turntable of all time.

Try listening to both tables. Then judge for yourself.

Forget the specs.

Listen to both of which tables?

Im curious as to why specifications even exist let alone be provided to the consumer if the general consensus from the people who know audio advise that specs are to be written off as irrelevant subject matter which more than likely is a falsification of evidence claimed by the manufacturers.

Listen to the Numark you posted, and listen to the Technics SL1200 MK2. This is what we're talking about, yes?

So, listen to both and then pick the one you like better. Then, ask yourself; why if both tables have the same specs did I like this one better?

You seem to be listening with your eyes, instead of your ears.

Cheers!
:)

This thread was created with the intention to shed light on the undocumented model of turntable from numark. Its now become misconstrued into a comparison of two models of turntables as to decide which one is better and id like to clarify that the specs or a comparison was never my aim here.
Thank you all for the replies but id like to head back in the original direction and focus on the reason for the model TT1600 being so elusive on the net.
Thanks

Looks a lot like this newer model, with a few differences:

numark-tt250usb-news-21-665x400.jpg

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/numark-unveil-a-new-technics-inspired-turntable/

Perhaps this new one is based off of the older model you have?

I haven't read through Numark's forums, but they might have info. I'd email Numark too. :)

Last edited:
That is a great turntable, my buddy has one with a shure cartidge hooked up to a huge Sansui Reciever pushing Polk Audio tower speakers....

Grab it fast !!

A....TT, is only as good as the receiver you hook it up to ! Even better if the Reciever needs a phono preamp, so a tube phono preamp can be used !!

Specifications.....what is sound without harmonic distortion ??

Last edited:
No offense to the OP, but it does not seem all that elusive on the 'Net: https://www.google.com/search?q=NUMARK+TT1600&ie=utf-8

But, I'm not seeing that exact TT anywhere in their catalog..hmm. Looks like a an old Stanton, kinda.

Yes, a model TT1600 by Numark can easily be found with minimal effort, but as youve noticed it isnt even close to the model TT1600 that im inquiring about. The one thats plastered all over the net is a belt driven budget table....no thanks

Project...

My buddy has one exactly like that....we had to ground the receiver and TT separately and then to each other !

Back
Top Bottom