Mystery Yamaha Amp.

arrow 68

I was at a party today, and was talking to someone who has an early 80's Yamaha Amp they said I can have. The Wife wants it gone so it goes. Apparently there is some thumping coming from one of the channels after the amp has been on for a few minutes. I have a vague idea what it might be. He could not tell me the model #, he said it was silver faced. He said it was not real heavy. I will have to see. It is a power amp. I may be stopping by Merrylanders with it in the near future. I know you have missed me Rob. :yes: Besides I know need me to pick up the Technics TT.

Could be one of these (MX 830). DC offset on one channel causing the thump? Anyhow, any silver Yamaha amp is worth investigating, in my books.

Hmm, maybe it's one of the "jellybean" button models.

I'd guess it is a titanium MX amp since it is a power amp, or a very very rare silver B-2 but I highly doubt it.

It's not heavy. And that rules out the B-2. And it has meters from the description I was given. I will see.

If it has meters maybe its the MX-2000? Other then the rear silver B-2, MX-2000 and the MX-10000 I can't think of a silver amp that has meters. Since you say it is not heavy that rules all of them out. :headscrat

If you are an Olympic weight lifter, then 57, 64 and 92 pounds probably aren't heavy. MX-55 does not have meters, while the MX-830 does have the LEDs, IIRC. But, I'm guessing a CA-610II and the info is not correct from the owner.

If you are an Olympic weight lifter, then 57, 64 and 92 pounds probably aren't heavy. MX-55 does not have meters, while the MX-830 does have the LEDs, IIRC. But, I'm guessing a CA-610II and the info is not correct from the owner.

He said he bought it in the early eighties. I will find out eventually. That reminds me, I have to set up a time to get it. And yes, you may be right. But he implicitly said it's a Power Amp Only twice while we conversed. And this person and his son are certainly not Olympic weight lifters. I mentioned 60 Pounds, and he said no.

Back
Top Bottom