N.E. October Fest - better late than never.

Examples would be helpful....Something with a poultry theme?

Happy bird day everyone.
Oh, and my wife and I had a discussion, who's cooking?
In my acquaintance, it's mostly the males.

fcc

Slavic languages are great for this too. You can swear terrifically by combining farm animals, body parts and a variety of verbs in a single, descriptive compound word. We can do it to some degree in English, but you need a lot of hyphens.

It must be that they have so many declensions, gender, and verb conjugations. Like Latin.

Last edited:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

Hey Frank,

At my house my wife does the cooking, she wont let me in the kitchen,LOL.

Prasoblbičarna = Pig idiot factory

Pokraviny = After the cow's action

Doprkinka = To the cutting board

Slepičarna = Hen factory (used to describe a gathering of old women)

Podpubiček = Area in the shadows of the beer belly

Prdelkove = Addressing a group of male asses (as in "Hello you bunch of asses")

Strč prst strč krk = Stick your finger down your throat

Oh, this was a response to Frank's request, I am not hurling insults to everyone as part of the holiday festivities.

german concatenationaryism

One of my favorite words in German is "Schadenfreude", which explains exactly how I have been feeling after 2 of my clients left and thought they could handle their advertising accounts better than I.

Ha ha ha!!!

(they are bleeding many Google dollars now)

Bill,

No slight taken, and thank you. I actually had fun, grammarian led me on a pleasant chase.
I could not find a reference in the OED, but found the same references you did in the upstart colonial dictionaries :) My use of refudiate was an intentional reference to this. While I tend to be a conservative I applaud the flexibility of language, even in cases where the originator is a half wit. Word of the year...God help us all.

I envy Peter his facility in German. Need a new word?, just concatenate some old ones. Makes for unwieldy sentences but I'll bet it's handy.

Language is important!

Frank

Last edited:
German is a very precise language. Imagine that! :)

(I am about 50% German... I have all the patience of a German, too...)

My kids and I can never resist an 'Ausfahrt' joke.

(Ausfahrt is an 'exit' sign on the German highway, literally meaning 'off travel'.

HepcatWilly,
This one's my favorite:
Podpubiček = Area in the shadows of the beer belly

I laughed out loud at that one. You'll have to tell me how to pronounce it at our next Fccfest.

I liked that one as well, and there are plenty of angry white men at the local Prasoblbičarna who have expansive areas with a broad range of undiscovered flora in those shadows.

Thank you Bill, nothing like fresh invective to lift the spirits!

fcc

My wife and I had a tiff a couple weeks ago. She was irritated that she always eats what I cook, I seldom eat what she cooks. I was defenseless; honest reply was suicide.

Frank

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

Hey Frank,

At my house my wife does the cooking, she wont let me in the kitchen,LOL.

Last edited:
Yeh, you know I'm a big midrange fan!
Perhaps even a fan of the shadow under the midrange.

Last edited:
I second that.

Mark, I'd love to hear those new speakers of yours. Next time you have a hankering for fresh home grown eggs let me know. I'll deliver in return for a little music....

Meanwhile I got hold of all the Flim & the BB's studio disks, the Allisons are in the front room and suit it very well, it's a dark and stormy night but warm, and the doors are wide open.....my last act of winter denial :)

The level of erudition on this forum continues to amaze and inspire me.

Good to hear you scored the BBs - gets me off the hook until I can hook you on something else. (The first one was free.)

Heh, Frank, you're less than 15 minutes from me and you're welcome any time that's mutually convenient! (and with or without eggs in hand...)
I'll PM ye my address/contact info and we can set up a play date :)

They've got speakers in the boxes and stuff hooked up to them... that's about as "completed" as anything gets in my sphere of influence.

Back
Top Bottom