NAD 2100

Mark Wickins

hey guys and gals its Stump the Dog, so here is the situation, I just purchased a NAD 2100, 99 cents, shipping was 40 just to throw that in, I havent got it yet, gets delivered nect Tuesday, so the problem apparently is that is has distorsion on both channels, I am assuming that the problem would be in a common area of the circuit that serves both channels, any ideas, throw the dog a bone, im just looking for ideas apart from the general clean up of the pots and checking for dry solder joints.

hey guys and gals its Stump the Dog, so here is the situation, I just purchased a NAD 2100, 99 cents, shipping was 40 just to throw that in, I havent got it yet, gets delivered nect Tuesday, so the problem apparently is that is has distorsion on both channels, I am assuming that the problem would be in a common area of the circuit that serves both channels, any ideas, throw the dog a bone, im just looking for ideas apart from the general clean up of the pots and checking for dry solder joints.
If both channels are affected it's most likely a power supply issue. Check the output of the regulated +/- supplies at the emitters of Q503 and Q504. Also check the unregulated supplies, but my money is on the regulated.

Is your avatar a Mary Kay Strat?

If both channels are affected it's most likely a power supply issue. Check the output of the regulated +/- supplies at the emitters of Q503 and Q504. Also check the unregulated supplies, but my money is on the regulated.

Is your avatar a Mary Kay Strat?
Hi Ray, yes my Strat is a 57 50th aniversary reissue Mary Kay Fender made them for 11 months in 2007. So the two components you are refering to are they transistors, i have to get a schematic at some point before tuesday which is delivery day

I got the service manual from Hi Fi Engine.

The regulators are discrete transistors. I don't see any voltages on the schematic, but the output will probably be around 20 volts, as the filter caps are rated at 35.

My avatar is me with one of my American Deluxe V Neck Strats. Loved the way they feel, did replace the pickups with Joe Bardens though.

Last edited:
I got the service manual from Hi Fi Engine.

The regulators are discrete transistors. I don't see any voltages on the schematic, but the output will probably be around 20 volts, as the filter caps are rated at 35.

My avatar is me with one of my American Deluxe V Neck Strats. Loved the way they feel, did replace the pickups with Joe Bardens though.
Nice, have you checked out Bare Knuckle picks, worth a listen, so judging by your avatar I assume you have played some serious gigs in your time?

Negative lead on the DMM to ground.

Played my last gig on NYE 2012 for the Fort Lauderdale Downtown Countdown. They closed off the streets and set up a stage. Estimated crowd size was 5,000.NYE 2012 028.jpg

Had to quit gigging due to unpredictable work schedule. That's alright; I was getting to the point that lugging all that gear around at 4 AM was losing its luster anyway. :)

Negative lead on the DMM to ground.

Played my last gig on NYE 2012 for the Fort Lauderdale Downtown Countdown. They closed off the streets and set up a stage. Estimated crowd size was 5,000.View attachment 1011071

Had to quit gigging due to unpredictable work schedule. That's alright; I was getting to the point that lugging all that gear around at 4 AM was losing its luster anyway. :)
Nice, Google a band and check them out, the band is called Sussex, you should be able to find a music video let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom