NAD 3020 Replacement Balance Pot Source?

organicdonut

Anyone know if Mouser or DigiKey has a replacement balance pot for the 3020? Tried cleaning the one in a new project NAD 3020 without any luck. Weak in the right channel, even when the balance is turned all the way over to the right. Turning the pot is rough, too, not smooth.

Thanks!

I need to do more troubleshooting. This is the second early 3020 that I've recapped but has this problem, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Right channel is noticeably weaker. Turning the balance knob about a 1/4 to the right helps even out the sound.

It also looks like this amp was worked on previously. I see some wire jumps soldered in, as well as some longer wire runs underneath the board that I'm not sure we're there originally. I'll add some pics and will test this with a 1020 to see where the problem is.

Hi,

Did you find the solution to this? My 3020a is weak in one side, right channel and i have to have it right over to get a balanced sound. Is this simular to what your experiencing?

I have tried contact cleaner on the pot and that hasn't worked. Wondering if i need to replace the balance pot? (not sure where to get one)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom