NAD 356BEE

ajward549

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Good morning all,

I am hoping to update my headphones soon from Grado's SR125 (original) to the RS2. Currently, l use the headphone out of my integrated from NAD, a 356BEE. I really enjoy this amplifier for its versatility to play two sets of speakers (main listening room and/or kitchen) because we try to listen to music in our home more than have the television on! However, we are expecting our second child in October, and I anticipate that I will once again be listening primarily through headphones, for a couple of years at least.

My question is, is the headphone stage of this integrated good spec? (The headphone out impedance is 68 Ohm). Or, in addition to upgrading my cans, would I benefit from the addition of a headphone amp also? Thank you for looking and I appreciate any input anyone cares to give!

I'm an NAD fan, but it were me, I'd experiment with dedicated headphone amps. Go used and if you don't like you can sell without taking much of a hit.

Thanks, running a headphone amp now. Decided to just go for it. The sound is more detailed, highs a bit brighter on my Grado SR125s. Now the delimia is, Am I happy with the 125s?!?!

Back
Top Bottom