Nad 705 repair

The Fluke was gotten from work years ago. Have 2 Tek 475 scopes to bring up to working status. But for the price I got them for couldn't argue. Saw a single 475 on a cart for 10X what I paid for both. Just have to clean them up. Reseat the connectors, transistors, clean the switches. Then I ought to be good. Got to build the DBT now.

Nice, love me some Tektronix. my current 'scope is a Goldstar (LG) OS-5020, nothing special but it shows sine waves and helps me trace circuits and I only paid £70 for it with a probe and the owners manual which is pretty good for a working 'scope considering the prices of other stuff. I had a Gould OS-4000 before that, not for long because something happned to the CRT and suddenly I had no high voltage, a piece of glass in the CRT and no vacuum in the CRT anymore...

Last edited:
A lot of information on that site. Have only touched the surface of that site. Good resource on DMMs , Digital scopes. Trying to get work to get a Rigol to replace the Tek TDS210 which lost the backlight. Had to borrow a scope from ENG so I could test product. Tek is now too expensive for work.

A lot of information on that site. Have only touched the surface of that site. Good resource on DMMs , Digital scopes. Trying to get work to get a Rigol to replace the Tek TDS210 which lost the backlight. Had to borrow a scope from ENG so I could test product. Tek is now too expensive for work.

I love watching the EEVblog on youtube, Dave's a very knowledgeable guy and I've learnt quite a bit from his video's. Bummer they won't get you a new Tektronix. Rigol's are just as good, hopefully it's more within their budget. You should save the TDS210 and put a new screen in it, can't have too many 'scopes after all. :thumbsup:

The screen on the 210 is good. The ccfl backlight went dark. Don't know if it is the high voltage failed or the tube itself went. Told my boss to keep it. Maybe it can get fixed with a LED backlight.

The screen on the 210 is good. The ccfl backlight went dark. Don't know if it is the high voltage failed or the tube itself went. Told my boss to keep it. Maybe it can get fixed with a LED backlight.

Found this video here:

If it is the CCFL bulb seems easy enough to repair.

Found that one too. Just have to get ok from my boss to open it up. Given the age of the scope doubt Tek would have parts, 20yrs old. Cheaper to buy new scope. Also the channel #1 bnc connector is loose.

Found that one too. Just have to get ok from my boss to open it up. Given the age of the scope doubt Tek would have parts, 20yrs old. Cheaper to buy new scope.

True, maybe you could modify some LED strip and use something that.

Thanks, bookmarked the site. It's time to get some sleep. Have to get car inspected tomorrow morning. Will be back tomorrow. Good night Eastham.

Thanks, bookmarked the site. It's time to get some sleep. Have to get car inspected tomorrow morning. Will be back tomorrow. Good night Eastham.

Goodnight and good luck! Good luck on your inspection too, my motorbike need to have it's MOT soon.

So that is the upper temp that it should go normally, unless you really push it. The car required tie-rod replaced, engine/trannie bushing replaced. Alignment, oil change, inspection emissions. 3 hrs this morning. ARRGH!. Tonight spent an hour shoveling snow. 6 inches.

Last edited:
So that is the upper temp that it should go normally, unless you really push it. The car required tie-rod replaced, engine/trannie bushing replaced. Alignment, oil change, inspection emissions. 3 hrs this morning. ARRGH!. Tonight spent an hour shoveling snow. 6 inches.

I never really have to push my amps hard, I only have a 10ft x 9ft room. Man that sucks, at least you know your car is safer now though, having a tierod go on something like a highway or a interstate would be terrifying. We didn't get much snow in my part of the UK this year, or last few winters have pretty warm compared to what they used to be.

The car is a 2006 model, 116700 miles.

Seems to be average wear and tear for the age / mileage, kinda unsure about the emissions being a problem though, fuel injected cars shouldn't have an issue with emissions unless they have a problem with the EGR stuff and I don't think needing an oil change should present an issue during an inspection, though leaving oil changes too long can cause sludging.

Just having the oil change due to mileage, emissions due to state law. Emissions are done with the vehicle inspection every year. Gotta keep the air clean. I was hoping to have the inspection and such done earlier. As when we got home it started to snow pretty hard.

Just having the oil change due to mileage, emissions due to state law. Emissions are done with the vehicle inspection every year. Gotta keep the air clean. I was hoping to have the inspection and such done earlier. As when we got home it started to snow pretty hard.

Ah, I thought you meant one of the reasons it failed was due to emissions, lol... I have a love hate relationship with snow, I kinda miss having a white Christmas but I don't miss having to shovel it all...

At least the other car gets done in august. Have a break to pay off the bill. Now that the 705 is working are you going to get the other one repaired?

Back
Top Bottom