NAD 7130 Receiver fault

benlucysam

Hi everyone,
I have been gifted a faulty NAD 7130 receiver, and was looking for some guidance repairing it.
The issue is with the tuner section, the amplifier section works fine on all inputs.
So, the tuner display lights up, you can manually search up and down in both AM and FM modes, you can store a manually entered frequency. but it has no audio output in either AM or FM mode.
I can tune to a known frequency and I don't get the FM Stereo light, and the tuning indicators will not light.
Im assuming the fault must be common to both AM and FM, so chances are not the IF section.
I initially thought it would be the main Synthesizer IC Toshiba TC 9137,
so I have replaced this and the fault is exactly the same, so basically ruling this out, The only other common IC I can see is the Stereo decoder , LA 3390, and it would appear the AM signal does pass through this, I have ordered one of these, but don't really like the "shot gun " approach.
The only other point I have noted it the autoseek does not work, now I would have thought if the MPX decoder IC was faulty it would still seek and find stations ??
I know im stabbing in the dark but it should be an easy fix as it is a constant fault and affects both channels .
Any thoughts or pointes for other tests would be much appreciated.
Oliver.

PM leesonic. He's one of the resident NAD experts. If he can't help, maybe he can point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom