NAD 7175pe recap, HELP

Mark Wickins

So I just purchased a nice 7175, cleaned all the moving bits and replaced the 4 big caps, I am thinking of replacing the other important caps but not sure which to replace and how difficult this is going to be, looking inside it appears everything is jammed in quite tight with some complex mechanical connections going from front to back for what looks like volume etc. Looking for a BOM and maybe some pointers on the best way to go about this or maybe not bother.
Any input much appreciated.

Mark

Hello Mark Wickens. Welcome to AK. Found the Service Manual at HiFiEngine.com. Just register and download for free. https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/7175pe.shtml. Check the parts list with what is in the unit.
Hello NAD80,

Yes I cleaned all the moving bits and used CRC 2-26 to finish, did that soon as I got the amp home as the reason I only paid $35 was because the guy said it didnt work on one channel most of the time so I hoped that was the problem and hey presto it was. So thanks for the link I will check that out and print off. So do you reccomend a minimum cap replacement, trying not to have to tear everything apart but I think I may have to.

Thanks much.

On some of the Nad units the caps used were not the greatest. Good design but built to a price point. I do love the Nad sound. I have a 3140 unit that I have to recap. Replacing them would bring the amp to better than new. Should last another 30 yrs. Sorry about the double post. It did not show up here.

On some of the Nad units the caps used were not the greatest. Good design but built to a price point. I do love the Nad sound. I have a 3140 unit that I have to recap. Replacing them would bring the amp to better than new. Should last another 30 yrs. Sorry about the double post. It did not show up here.
I bought a new NAD amp and pre amp back in the late 80's and loved it, hope to pick up a 2150 next weekend for 45 and will then use the 7175 as a pre amp. I just printed of the schematic and cap parts list so am going to get a price list together, thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom