NAD C375BEE or Marantz PM8005

Can't comment on the Phono - but the DAC 2 module for the NAD is easy to install and does what it's supposed to do. Can't really compare it to anything, so I don't want to say its the 'best DAC' out there or anything outlandish like that, but it sounds great (being fed by my Apple 3). Very detailed and toe tapping :)

The Phono module is nothing but killer for $200.....I used one for over a year and loved it. If I was into only MM carts, I could easily live with it. My Phenomena II bests the PP375 on MM by not much, but it is better. Where the PP375 shines is a black background, no noise since it is not powered by a plug or PSU. Also you save since no need for extra cables like with an outboard phono stage.

Installs in a snap and has rumble filter, the MC end is not to my liking because there is no loading options. A/B with my Phonomena II is no competition for MC, but again it holds it's own for $200.

I knew I would have to spend the $600 for the Phonomena II to best the PP375.

Your gonna love that C375BEE! Congrats

hi guys, latest topic about the nad 375 i found.

Small Interesting story
Use nad since 1994
Got a cheap 375, as an update for my nad314, data and reviews sounded really great!! fired canton ct 200 with it

enjoyed it for some time, then bought a small smsl sa 98e for my. Workshop and had the idea: lets make a blind test

1) 375
2) 214
3) smsl

Van den hul cable. If i remember right
my wife and me.

we couldnt believe our ears, the absolute clear ranking was:

1) 214
2) smsl
3) 375

the expensive 375 was clearlly outranked by the smal 100.- smsl. no way!! but no doubt there. Tried over and over again. who would have thougt.... and good old 214 definitely 1st place.

Sold the 375 then and i am still happy with my old 214 :D
eating room 2 channel

living room 9channel, a different story ;)

Back
Top Bottom