NAD integrated amp repair question

gentlejax

I have a NAD C350 which internally looks the same as all the similar looking NAD integrateds I have seen including the newer one that I had.

Here is my question. The 2 main caps that are on the board next to the round power supply need to be re-installed. The old ones broke off or something. I am using it now as a preamp with no power and the mains are bypassed so the caps do not seem to matter in this arrangement.

but I want to install 2 new caps I got for it. I tried to remove the board but there seems to be a trick to it or else some of the screws underneath are actually holding it down. its a seperate board I think that the board that power supply and the entire rest of the amp is on. im just not quite getting it

some goof pictures might help .
p.s if the power is still running to the main amp it might not like it .

some goof pictures might help .
p.s if the power is still running to the main amp it might not like it .

lol but if you remove the jumpers from the main pre in/outs is the amp actually powered ? im only using the preamp stage. using my own amps for the power.

I was told to try it. It was also suggested I remove the fuses but there are 4 of them and when I removed them I could no longer switch source inputs . ill be back with a pic maybe of the topside.

yes it stays powered up without the jumpers . they are for signals only .

so if its getting no signal what is it doing as volume is increased? I didnt know that...I best stop using it until I know. maybe 2 of the fuses are for power supply and 2 are for other .

just looked at the schematic and it doesn't appear as simple as removing fuses .
best not to use it until those caps are put in .

im still trying to either fix this or sell it with the new caps and let someone else fix it. I worked on it last night ..removed the speaker inputs and the power cord and the voltage thing...and all the screws I could get too and it still feels stuck

would it be better to take the bottom off? it has a door on bottom but its not in the right place for the caps .

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom