NAD MASTERS Series , anyone hear one?

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by gentlejax, Apr 25, 2018.

1. gentlejax

gentlejax AK Subscriber Subscriber

trying to buy the preamop from the master series. Always liked them but normally too high

I might have a lead on one. Trying to buy a used pre

Please register to disable this ad.

2. gentlejax

all the NAD fans on this forum and none using the masters? well I guess I will let you know when I get it in a couple days .

3. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I heard a pair once for 10 minutes or so and I thought the system was colored, but I blamed that on the room, Magnepan 3.7 speakers, and amp. I have owned 5 or 6 Nad pieces and thought they all sounded better, well maybe not better, but easier on the ears. NAD for me is not the best for revealing all there is to hear. No its about delivering a sound that doesn't offend the ear and provides pleasant non fatiguing sound over the long haul. The Master Series is more critical it seemed to me, which is good, it wasn't offensive, the bass was there, but something wasn't right for me. You might find them your cup of tea, I didn't.

4. gentlejax

well they are very high priced and I was able to pick up the M15 pre for a price I cant tell you but if I dont like it then I can easily move on and use that to grab a unit I like. its really a win win situation which is most time not the case

I was just curious. I liked all my older NAD stuff

5. DChen

DChen New Member

You got it for a song. Best way to find out if you like it is to hook it up to your system and listen in your house. Does it matter what anyone else thinks? As you say, if you don't like it, move it along.

stish likes this.
  6. gentlejax

did you see the add I got it from?
    anyhow..I like it a lot. It took a while to get set up but once I figured out how to get the osm up it was a simple ordeal.

I had been using a NeForce preamp...not anymore. I like the NAD. I just havnt had lots of listening time yet.

Please register to disable this ad.