Naim Mu-so

Don't you think stuff is priced according to what the market will allow?

I know NAIM makes good stuff. I was however, unimpressed and even disappointed with the Mu-so. I concluded it was a device for people that have a lot of money. I just don't see many people spending $1500.00 for the Mu-so other than people that have a excess of money.

Harleys are great vehicles for turning fossil fuels into noise. IMO, the Mu-so is also a vehicle for making sound. Some people like the sounds these things make and are willing to pay accordingly. I am not one of them.

Please, keep defending Russian oligarcs, football players and defense contractors. They need your help. As they are an oppressed people, I will try to avoid making fun of them in the future.

And no, I do not think we should eat the rich.

They probably taste terrible.

I really don't think your on the right forum, or right page for that mater.

This site has at least 155,000 members all of whitch have gear running the gamut. Do you think it's ok to ridicul people and stereotyping acroding to some precived class floating in your head?

You are all bad attitude and should probaly fine some politcal forum to vent your opinions.

I really don't think your on the right forum, or right page for that mater.

This site has at least 155,000 members all of whitch have gear running the gamut. Do you think it's ok to ridicul people and stereotyping acroding to some precived class floating in your head?

You are all bad attitude and should probaly fine some politcal forum to vent your opinions.

You should buy a Mu-so. Maybe you will like it.

You should buy a Mu-so. Maybe you will like it.

I don't need one regardless of SQ, Status Symbol or Cost.

You see I have a really nice system IMO at a far greater cost. If we take your mentality and stereotyping I'm dumb and rich because my TT could excide the cost of you whole system. But the facts are I don't have a pot to piss in, but I work very hard and spend my money were I choose to when I save for it.

Now go tell you mom your going to grow up and get out of her basement.:thmbsp:

PS: It's ok to say you don't like the sound of something, but really your attitude about life in general and people sucks.

This thread stinks on a couple different levels and the OP isn't responsible for all of them.

cubdog

This thread stinks on a couple different levels and the OP isn't responsible for all of them.

cubdog

I agree.

I endevour to try to be more careful when I make comments about Russian oligarcs, football players or defense contractors. They seem to be touchy subjects and I guess I was overly harsh on those fine peoples.

And to all the Russian oligarcs, football players and defense contractors that participate in AK, i hope you will accept my apologies for having equated you with a piece of audio equipment that might not be worthy of you.

I will try not to say anything negative about audio gear unless I take it home and listen to it thoroughly in my home rather than in the store I might buy it from.

I will try not to ever say anything bad about Naim, the Apple Store or the people that work there.

I also seem to have offended people with my ideas of how products are marketed... Sorry for that.:D

Last edited:
I agree.

I endevour to try to be more careful when I make comments about Russian oligarcs, football players or defense contractors. They seem to be touchy subjects and I guess I was overly harsh on those fine peoples.

And to all the Russian oligarcs, football players and defense contractors that participate in AK, i hope you will accept my apologies for having equated you with a piece of audio equipment that might not be worthy of you.

I will try not to say anything negative about audio gear unless I take it home and listen to it thoroughly in my home rather than in the store I might buy it from.

I will try not to ever say anything bad about Naim, the Apple Store or the people that work there.

I also seem to have offended people with my ideas of how products are marketed... Sorry for that.:D

Don't worry about it. Some people make a habit of getting upset over nothing. It's just a part of belonging to AK.

cubdog

Agreed. After all, it seems the only people who actually listened to the thing are about 3 only, the OP being one of them. Only 1 person found it to be sounding good (with the reference point being other soundbars only) whilst the other 2 found it to be okay or crappy when compared to their other gear.

The haters just hated the hate.

The takeaway for me is: As is the case with every other present-day gizmo, the larger the swarm of rabid fanbois with their shorts in epic, ironic, knots defending a beloved toy, the lower the likelihood that anyone who actually knows what they're talking about will take it seriously. And, the likelihood of it still having its honor defended 5 years on correspondingly drops to nil.

A friend was teasing me about my speaker placement woes after changing-out some furniture. He gleefully told me that all he has to do is push a button on his remote and his speakers automatically calibrate for the "best" sound. I got him back by reminding him how many times he has been over here listening to music because his system can't actually be used for critical listening. :D

If all you know is modern day, and think anything coming from an Apple store must be revered and worshiped, more power to you. Blowing up at people with considerably greater experience and expertise simply because their opinion makes you feel all butthurt defeats the purpose of being here. It also is pretty douchey.

I'm not a member here because I want to read commentary reminiscent of Lindsay Lohan in a movie about bitchy high school girls.

Rich people suck. Off with their heads!

Oh, wait, I guess if we live indoors and have a sound system we are all rich here, according to any graph showing global population metrics.

I listend to a mu-so. I heard it at an audiophile show, in a Naim room. You can get better sound staging from just about any cheap stereo that is set up properly, but I'd like to get one for my wife. It sounds better than any clock or kitchen radio I've ever heard.

I would not consider it for a main system. And believe me... my main system is Naim (a DVD-preamp-amp-all-in-one-box) and is pint-sized in the electronics department! I'm all in favor of small, compact, budget-minded gear. The Mu-so has the same pace and timing you'd expect from any Naim product, and a little snap to it... but its not to be considered a replacement for a stereo with detachable speakers. You just can't get proper stereo out of the thing. I love the thing, and I want to buy one... but...

If someone is only going to have just one sound system, this isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom