Naim Nait 5i vs Musical Fidelity M3i for the Dynaudio X12

mustaches

Hello everyone,

I've listened a few system recently (including Monitor Audio RX2 / Dynaudio X12 with Musical Fidelity M3i + M1DAC / Cyrus 8 DAC) and apparently i found that i like the Dyn X12 with MF M3i + M1DAC combo the most among what i've experienced so far. I made a few calls to the dealers in my town and no one have the Dyn and Naim in the same store, so i wouldn't have the chance to test the amplifiers with the speakers. I was wondering have anyone listened to the Dyn x12 and MF M3i + M1DAC combo before and the Dyn x12 + naim nait 5i-2 + M1DAC / Rega DAC and wouldn't mind to share your feedback here? :)

P.S. I might try to have an audition with the Dyn X12 + Rega Brio-R & Rega DAC some time in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you.

I *think* Art K may have some experience with the Rega/Naim combination, but I dont know if anyone here has heard all of the kit you mention in your thread in a sufficiently tight timeframe to be able to give you the feedback you seek. Auditory memory is anything from 7 minutes to a day or so at best ....

Auditory memory is anything from 7 minutes to a day or so at best ....

That's why you learn the language and take notes. Keeps you more consistent than running around like a chicken with your head cut off hoping that you remember how something sounded 2 months ago...or at least that's what I do (the former not the latter :D).

Anyway, if you are happy with the sound of the MF gear then why not buy and enjoy. Don't get stuck in the "paralysis by analysis" thing that so many of us hobbyists do. That's not to say that taking your time and auditioning different combinations is bad but you may enjoy different things about different set ups which could make it more difficult to focus on prioritizing what is most important.

Personally I love the Brio-R and Dyn's but they really fit my needs and sound just right to me.

Enjoy the search.

Sorry guys,

I think i couldn't resist the temptation to have a listen on the naim nait 5i-2, and also the quad speakers that Art K has mentioned that his wife preferred on the other post that i've read. I went to another store and have an audition with a completely different setup and i end up confusing myself even more lol. My initial intention was to listen the Dyn x12 with the naim nait 5i unfortunately the store owner doesn't do any Dyn speakers.

Did a test on Quad 11L / Naim Nait 5i-2 / Audiolab m-dac today but not with my list of music that i've prepared (out of my control today lol). The outcome was amazing, in my personal opinion i reckon the Quad 11L speakers are less brighter than the Monitor Audio RX2.

I can't compare with the Dyn setup that i've listened the other day as i couldn't remember exactly how it behave, besides i'm listening to different musics (those that i'm not familiar) today. But still, it was a very good experiences that i've learned.

Yes Art, i know, i'm still stuck in the "paralysis by analysis" thing lol. Maybe i like the Dyn x12 with the MF combo more, I don't know, I'm really so confused now, I'm totally lost in the space lol. I must do something to get myself out of the confusion! I wish i could be better to identify each specific details of sound.

Last edited:
hi slippers-on,

i apologize for the late reply. Still love the Musical Fidelity M3i + M1DAC with the Dyn X12 the best now. Very smooth, clear details, accurate bass... amazing! still feel like listen on a few more different amplifiers or dac such as rega brio-r , primare, Roksan Kandy K2, Creek Evolution. And i guess by that time i should have a decision :)

Cheers

hi slippers-on,

i apologize for the late reply. Still love the Musical Fidelity M3i + M1DAC with the Dyn X12 the best now. Very smooth, clear details, accurate bass... amazing! still feel like listen on a few more different amplifiers or dac such as rega brio-r , primare, Roksan Kandy K2, Creek Evolution. And i guess by that time i should have a decision :)

Cheers

Just my two cents here, but as a Musical Fidelity owner (and lover) I've been very happy with my experience with the gear, M1DAC and M6i.
Keep listening and make your own decisions but just wanted to weigh in as a satisfied Musical Fidelity owner. Build quality is excellent, styling understated and sonically satisfying.
I haven't heard the Dynaudio Excite 12 but there is a wealth of information on how great people think they are around here. :music:

hi slippers-on,

Cheers

You cant go wrong with any of those amps. Whats your budget for speakers?

Thanks for the feedback guys :) really appreciate.

@mtaudio: Yea i agree that the MF are awesome and i really like it. I don't know why i keep doubt about my decisions and i keep trying to get a chance to listen others amp to make sure i won't regret before i made a move to purchase :)

@davidro: I've saw some reviews said the old MF are much better (e.g. A5) unfortunately it's hard to be found these days or else i would like to have a listen as well

@slippers-on: My total budget will be around the settings that i've mentioned :) (Dynaudio X12 + MF M3i + M1DAC) Not sure how much in pounds but will be 3.5k - 4k AUD. I'm from Australia btw :) and the equipments are more expensive in Australia :( lol

Have you thought about any Burson stuff?
In Australia there, should be very easy to get.

I found a PP-160 power amp and I love it, I hope to try the matching pre one day also.

You do realize that this thread is over 2 years old, right?

Back
Top Bottom