Nak CDP 2A - Yippee!

dfunghi

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I picked up a CDP 2A (for the office) last week and although the door hangs up a bit from time to time and the (sorry for poor use of terminology here) part that spins the "home" laser to read disc was a bit frozen in place (after 15 years of non use) I was able to open and clean it and it works now. Belt on door is fine, it seems a bit out of alignment is all.

This is a great sounding CDP. Sounds better than my Tascam CDRW 900 II (in my living room main rig) that is a year old and has all new tech.

I have been slipping back into playing CDs now versus vinyl only. Typically CD were reserved for truck and when I was too busy to fuss with a record (or cooking and had dirty hands). But I recently scored 215 awesome CDs and dug out my own few hundred last year from boxes. So I figured I needed a better CDP. I had been using a PS 1 and will admit that is a great CDP for what it costs and will not get into all the myths being true or not. Mine sounds great. But this CDP 2A has so, so, so much more bottom, top and middle to it. I can't believe how greta this thing sounds.

I run it into a Fisher 500b (aux) and out through AR 2ax speakers. I use Burmashave IC.

I guess I will have to look into tall the (simpler) mods people do on this machine. May even have to send it off for a recap at some point. Hard to imagine it sounding much better though.

No, it is not vinyl andno it does not "sound" like a record. But it has way more life than most CDP I hear and way more than I remember when I gave up on CD and went back to vinyl.

No, I won't be getting rid of my LPs or stop playing them but now I have a great secondary source for my music pleasure.

I may swap the NAK into my main set up since it also matches really well to the NAK 680Z Tape deck in there.

Back
Top Bottom