Nak MB-3

Balthazarr

Can't find much info with Google.
How much did this unit originally cost in early '90's?
7 disc changer?
How does it compare to the Marantz CD 63SE?

Suggested retail was 599 in 92
My CD player is a MB-2s, I think that I paid 400 new. It's a nice player, my MB-2s is still working fine after 10 years of heavy use. I don't know anything about the Marantz.

Thanks.
I have the Marantz and it is one fine player.
The Nak I picked up for $68 incl shipping and is yet to arrive.

Well then, since only DonC has experience/knowledge of the machine in question, I will post my impressions once it arrives and have made a few comparisons with the others.
The Aiwa mini-system will not be included. lol

Fine, I can put up with a sticking drawer, but how do you load more than 1 disc in this thing?
Instructions are in French and I haven't had any since HS.
Besides, no tech terms when I did...s'il vous plait.

Funny, the drawer faceplate was separate from the unit and seller said they couldn't attach.
This was actually a broker selling on consignment so they said (eBizAuctions.com)
Said the player worked well.
When I got the drawer open I simply reattached and it's quite heavy for a strip so it must aid in opening.
Feels weighty like steel.
Anyway inside the cdp was a Best of CCR cd. Sounds good. lol

So after an AK member explained how to load multiple discs (thanks DonC), I see that the drawer will open to reload successively when I press the "store" button, but not with only the "load" button/command from either the RC or the front panel.

Any ideas why one way and not the other?

Nak sounds quite a bit better than the Marantz SE.
Bottom is extended with more slam and definition.
Need more time to compare, but looks like the SE will be relegated to the bedroom after listening for several hours to the MB-3.
A major bargain for less than $70 incl shipping.
Even came with CCR chronicles cd that was left inside. 1st Credence cd I've ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom