Nak OMS-7Aii issue

samwise801

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Greetings everyone! I just went out on a limb and bought a really nice-looking Nak OMS-7Aii. I'm told I'm just the second owner, and with the condition she's in I believe it.

But, unfortunately, the player has a problem. It powers on and loads CDs okay, but one the disc is in it doesn't start spinning. I can hear a little noise for a minute (a little whirring noise, perhaps?), but once that lasts for three seconds or so, the unit just spits the disc back out again. I took the case off to see if I could see anything, and the behavior was the same with the top either off or on.

Anyone seen behavior like this before? Any tips for getting her running again?

Thanks in advance!!

Easiest thing to try is to give the laser lens a cleaning. Might be as simple as that, usually involves removing the outer cover and figuring out how to get to the laser. A bit of Windex on the tip of a cotton bud could remove years of dust, smoke residue, etc. If that doesn't do the trick it typically gets more complicated pretty quickly from there.

I'd refer to the stickies at the top of the forum, there's a great link there to the lampinzator (sp) website with lots of tricks on getting a laser cleaned up/tuned up.

Back
Top Bottom