Nakamichi 1000 Series Components

Tower Boss

Hello Folks,

I have been meaning to get some info posted up here on these as a few fellow AKers had inquired about them after seeing them in the background of photos of other gear.

I have been a long time fan of Nakamichi, due in a large part to their cassette decks. My first high end system comprised mostly of components from Nakamichi.

While most all of their components I have are the typical black with gold lettering, these were a departure from the norm as the are machined out of solid aluminum and clear anodized. Their simple looks actually fit in quite well with the vintage silver gear. I still have yet to attain the 1000p DAC, but the DRAGON-DAC is exceptional with these.

Here is some info on the 1000 Series from TVK.

Nakamichi 1000mb (Left) & Nakamichi 1000 (Right)

Nakamichi1000Series-01.jpg

Nakamichi1000Series-02.jpg

Nakamichi1000Series-05.jpg

Nakamichi1000Series-06.jpg

Nakamichi 1000 DAT Player
Dimensions - 17-1/8” (W) x 5-7/8” (H) x 14-15/16” (D) / 435 (W) x 149 (H) x 379 (D)
Approximate Weight - 35 lbs. 12 oz. / 16.2 kg

Nakamichi1000Series-04.jpg

Nakamichi 1000mb MusicBank CD Transport
Dimensions - 17-1/8” (W) x 5-7/8” (H) x 14-15/16” (D) / 435 (W) x 149 (H) x 379 (D)
Approximate Weight - 38 lbs. 9 oz. / 17.5 kg

Nakamichi1000Series-03.jpg

Regards,
TB

Wow, those are beautiful components! Quite rare, I imagine, as well. I like how you can see the drum on the DAT player. Nice timeless looks... and as you said, a very big change from the black and gold. :D

Hello MisterFishey,

Yes, these are definitely unique in the Nakamichi line. There were other silver versions offered by them, 600, 700, and LX decks could be had, but none were fabricated out of solid aluminum.

You are correct as these are exceptionally hard to find, but I have actually seen one 1000mb and two 1000 DAT players surface in the last few months and the 1000mb is available as I type this. Each piece retailed for over $6000.00 USD, so they were expensive, aimed at the high-end market. The current economy has given rise to many treasures surfacing as of late.

Regards,
TB

Hello MisterFishey,

Yes, these are definitely unique in the Nakamichi line. There were other silver versions offered by them, 600, 700, and LX decks could be had, but none were fabricated out of solid aluminum.

You are correct as these are exceptionally hard to find, but I have actually seen one 1000mb and two 1000 DAT players surface in the last few months and the 1000mb is available as I type this. Each piece retailed for over $6000.00 USD, so they were expensive, aimed at the high-end market. The current economy has given rise to many treasures surfacing as of late.

Regards,
TB

Dang, $6000 each? Well, quality comes a price. I hope the economy surfaces the DAC for you, I would want that missing piece too. :yes:

I thought some Ebayer from Hawaii was selling these a few months back. Was it you who purchased them?

BEAUTIFUL. thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Does she sing as well as she looks?

Very nice equipment you have!

lucky guy! Thanks for sharing. :)

Fantastic gear!

Hello Guys,

Thanks all for the complements. I am very fortunate to have been able to bring these two together. Now if I can find a 1000p DAC to complete, I would be truly lucky!

I thought some Ebayer from Hawaii was selling these a few months back. Was it you who purchased them?

BEAUTIFUL. thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Does she sing as well as she looks?

Hello wsjoe,

Nope, not the same ones. The gentleman from Hawaii was selling two 1000 DAT Deck's and a 1000p DAC Processor for $12,000.00 BIN. He had listed them a few times at that price with no sale. They were priced way over my budget, but things worked out for me anyway. :thmbsp:

No problem on the photos, glad to contribute to this forum, and yes they both sound fantastic.

Regards,
TB

Hi
i have a 1000mb with issues and need to find a service manual, anyone out here have access or know where i may find one?

Hi there, I have a 1000 DAT with mechanical issues and im too in need tofind a service manual,maybe someone here can help. tks

Looking service manual for Nakamichi 1000mb. If anybody has it, please contact me.
For any money.

Last edited:
anybody have an idea where this black plastic part was installed?

Attachments

• IMG_20180626_195720.jpg
    IMG_20180626_195720.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20180626_195734.jpg
    IMG_20180626_195734.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom