Nakamichi 700zxe : how to put record head assy screw on it's place?

liemjerry

Hi Friends,
I have Naks 700zxe, and have adjust the record head assy screw (right and left) and accidentally I dropped that 2 screws but I can put it back, but I have difficulties to screw in again to it's place, my problem is describe as follows :

upload_2018-12-9_22-48-11.png

upload_2018-12-9_22-48-50.png

anyone have suggestion, how to fasten/install 2 screws again to their original place?

When those 2 screws not install, the music signal level is stay not working when I put the cassette to the compartement,
is this because 2 screws are not installed in place?

but if I touch my index finger on the head, there is a moving signal level

please give me suggestion

many thanks

F9 and F11 are pins. Make sure the slots in the frame align with the slots in f10 and f12. Then push the pins in and rotate 90 to lock.
They will not screw in like a traditional screw.
Does this help?

F9 and F11 are pins. Make sure the slots in the frame align with the slots in f10 and f12. Then push the pins in and rotate 90 to lock.
They will not screw in like a traditional screw.
Does this help?

I find it so difficult to adjust the head position in this way, I also found this method at Nakamichi Dragon. Then what makes the head stable in its position? because if the bolt is released both, then there is no signal from the tape that the pre amp can capture. So that VU doesn't move at all. Is this reasonable?

To add to the above comments,you can't adjust the heads on a Nak without the Nak factory jigs. Look at the service manual, it will list the jigs required. When I was a factory Nak warranty station, Nak required that we purchased the jigs, If I remember they were about $2500+ in the early 80's. I would highly recommend you find someone with the listed jigs, they mechanically and electrically align the position of the heads, in fact one of the jigs has a 9 volt battery in it with LEDs that light up to show when head tilt is correct, ( plus you also need the test tapes on top of the jigs). Bottom line is that you will never get the heads right without them. Really the only time need them is when you do a head replacement or if one someone has been turning screws.:(

You must have the springs present as well. The spring tension is pulling everything in to place.
Yes, the spring is still attached to the T-shaped bolt at the end, which will release when rotated 90 degrees.
There is no problem, everything is still complete, only when I take it off, I drop the bolt with this spring on the left at a place under the base of the tape mechanic, I have brought it to the closest service worker who usually handles nakamichi, hopefully it can be restored as before

To add to the above comments,you can't adjust the heads on a Nak without the Nak factory jigs. Look at the service manual, it will list the jigs required. When I was a factory Nak warranty station, Nak required that we purchased the jigs, If I remember they were about $2500+ in the early 80's. I would highly recommend you find someone with the listed jigs, they mechanically and electrically align the position of the heads, in fact one of the jigs has a 9 volt battery in it with LEDs that light up to show when head tilt is correct, ( plus you also need the test tapes on top of the jigs). Bottom line is that you will never get the heads right without them. Really the only time need them is when you do a head replacement or if one someone has been turning screws.:(

My service repairman should be able to fix this, he said that this is like Nakamichi Dragon, this T bolt only functions to lock it instead of adjusting the rotation for the right head position.

I also asked for advice, how and how to clean this Nakamichi 700zxe head as clean as possible so that the sound can be maximized

Glad you have someone who can help.

yes right, but the main problem I faced was when the cover was opened, there was noise from the mechanical parts like this video.
When the cassette is inserted and I do rewind and fast forward, the sound like noise is quite lost, not always there.
But if I insert a cassette and immediately play, the sound can appear, what is the cause of this?

yes right, but the main problem I faced was when the cover was opened, there was noise from the mechanical parts like this video.
When the cassette is inserted and I do rewind and fast forward, the sound like noise is quite lost, not always there.
But if I insert a cassette and immediately play, the sound can appear, what is the cause of this?

sorry I can't upload a video

one more question, for indicator numbers on VU if one of the numbers is dim or no longer bright like the other, can this be replaced individually or not?

Back
Top Bottom