Nakamichi OMS-7A II CD Player - Deal or no?

I find it hard to believe anyone paid $2k for a cd-player that didn't even have a digital out.

Oh, wait, with Nakamichi, you had to pay $9k for that privilege.

$150 is fair to middling...

Ok - retard newbie cdp question - the digital out, in this day and age, would allow me to hook the cdp to a recorder and make digital quality copies, right? Otherwise, playing this through my vintage pioneer receiver, I would use the analogs and have no reason to use the digitals? Thanks.

Can't use dig out into analog so would be of no use in your Pioneer. (this Nak is analog only anyway)
You would need an outboard DAC w/dig out unit to use the Pioneer.

robobxman said:
Ok - retard newbie cdp question - the digital out, in this day and age, would allow me to hook the cdp to a recorder and make digital quality copies, right? Otherwise, playing this through my vintage pioneer receiver, I would use the analogs and have no reason to use the digitals? Thanks.

I had a feeling you were an Ak'er :D. I spoke with you on the phone today. Glad to see someone else in the area goin down the vintage route. That player is mine obviously. As stated it does not have digital outs, so you can't feed any recorder a digital signal. your SX-1980 doesn't have digital inputs in any event unless you were looking to hook this up to another receiver.

Since acquiring my sony decks, I just don't have the room or need for any more CDPs. If you are still interested on Tuesday just give me a ring. And since you're a fellow Ak'r, I can work with the price as that's not an issue. I bought this thing a long while back for some serious $$$ before I found out that you can get vintage gear on the cheap like at thrift stores, etc. No biggie, I'm here to give back to the community. If you decide against it, that's cool with me as well.

Take Care

Small world, and great to meet another good guy and local Aker. Appreciate the wiggle room on the price ... as I said, this piece will be a long-term keeper and connected to my sx1980, so I really want to get it right the first time. Sounds like for playing CDs, it will do just fine. Fadl - I just emailed you and I'm still on for Tues 7:30. Take care, and no offense asking if this is a good deal. I am still learning about CDPs and just want to make the right decision. I feel much better knowing you are an AKer!!

Looks like a nice cdp. No biggie that it doesn't have dig out as you'd only use that with a receiver that had a super dac inside - kinda rare or with an outboard dac which is rarer still.

I'd jump on it if it was closer. :smoke:

Murray

Back
Top Bottom