Nakamichi PA-7 Amp value?

deadphish

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am seeing these on eBay for between $1300 and $1500. Is that a legit asking price for a working unit, or eBay wishful thinking? Is there a quality difference between the mkii and the straight-up PA-7?

Trying to figure out if the one I am seeing locally is worth it...

eBay completed sales says yes....
Sold prices range is wide....

$650 to $1700....
Several around $850.
Several over a grand.

Looks like a popular piece!

As I recall, they licensed and used Threshold's Statis design for these, hence the good sound.

There's one of these semi local to me with an asking price of 1200. It's been listed for almost 2 months but they aren't willing to drop on price at all. Id like to get my ears on it but not at that price. Seems like for around the same price you can get a real deal Threshold Stasis amp.

There is a thread on the DIY Audio site on the differences between the Nakamichi Stasis amps and the Threshold ones. The main one is that Nakamichi used a much smaller value poly cap in the feedback loop, where Threshold used a larger NP electrolytic.

There is a thread on the DIY Audio site on the differences between the Nakamichi Stasis amps and the Threshold ones. The main one is that Nakamichi used a much smaller value poly cap in the feedback loop, where Threshold used a larger NP electrolytic.
In general, how does this affect the specs or sound of the amp?

Back
Top Bottom