Nakamichi replacement speaker protection relay.

lvnakamichi

I have a Nakamichi SR4A that has one bad speaker protection relay out of the two. It looks like it had a melt down on three pins of the six and actually melted off the relay itself and it’s a JR2a dc24v-ts. Not sure what caused it since I have had no issues at all with the receiver since purchased brand new back in early eighties. It’s my go to receiver and has served me extremely well over the years with no issues until now. I serviced unit every year around fall or rather after dust rain season in AZ. But now my baby is down and only a relay transplant will bring her back...:(
Anyone know where to purchase this relay or a cross over part number or make for the relay other than original? I have researched and researched and I cannot locate anything that shows enough specific information on there relay specs to be able to tell if it will match the old one. I have checked out the second relay and it’s fine, so serviced it while cap was off from inspection. But one isn’t enough....
any help would be highly appreciated. Just seems info on replacement components for this series is limited. I just have enjoyed every day the music that is produced through the unit and have not even desired more, just good stereo listening that is awesome to my ears. Hope I can revive her, but very concerned I won’t be able to!:-/ just one darn relay and she is back......auugggghhhhh

Last edited:
Oops I didn't see the $50 min order. Kinda steep for that little relay.

Top right corner of your AK screen should see ( inbox)

Back
Top Bottom