Nakamichi SP-7 needs earcup foam

tende

Tende7
Hi, I've got an older Nakamichi SP-7 Stereo Headphone and the rubber/foam earcup pieces are long gone. Any ideas how I can replace without spending a fortune. Nothing at Radio Shack. Can I make something? thanks

Hi, I've got an older Nakamichi SP-7 Stereo Headphone and the rubber/foam earcup pieces are long gone. Any ideas how I can replace without spending a fortune. Nothing at Radio Shack. Can I make something? thanks

Since I have a pair of these that are on their last set of original foam pads, I did the research for you.

Option 1: This thread recommends these replacement pads from Radio Shack.

Option 2: This thread recommends to purchase replacement pads from Grado for the SR60 headphones.

Option 1 is the cheapest. Option 2, if I remember from when I called (haven't actually ordered any, yet) were around $25 for the set giver or take $5. Almost half the price of a new pair of SR60's. You will have to call Grado's customer service # directly to order them, I believe. Either that, or they will refer you to an authorized dealer.

Oh, and I recall some saying that the SP-7's have a good deal in common with the SR-60's -even though the replacement pads are not a perfect fit.

Hope that helps.

j

I bought those RS pads for my son's Nakamichis. They fit fine. Those yellow Sennheiser pads also fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom