Name a movie that affected you deeply

Come and See, 1985 Soviet movie about the Nazi occupation of Belarus, and the atrocities they committed.
This movie disturbed me so badly, I didn't watch any other war movies for several months.

On Deadly Ground comes as close as I get to being moved deeply by a movie. Here is a man doing what he believes in (protecting the environment) and takes names.

Guy lived in the next town up the road, never knew that until his obit.
Wow. I would have found a way to be in his company for a least a few minutes. He must have had an appreciative obit. Not too many like that. John Basilone comes to mind, don't know of a movie for him like the Audie Murphy story, only as presented in The Pacific, the series following Band of Brothers.

Wow. I would have found a way to be in his company for a least a few minutes. He must have had an appreciative obit. Not too many like that. John Basilone comes to mind, don't know of a movie for him like the Audie Murphy story, only as presented in The Pacific, the series following Band of Brothers.
He was very low-key about his service history and averse to attracting attention to himself.
Being agnostic myself, he is one of two self-professed Christians I admire as exemplary representatives of their faith, the other being Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:
"Tom Horn" (Steve McQueen)
"Saving Private Ryan" (the Private Ryan opening scene in France at the fallen solder`s graves), very realistic D-Day landings and Tom Hanks after being shot dying scene ending !!
Very tearfully moving for me every time I watch these BR DVDs.
Some other movies too.

One that comes to mind is 2001: A Space Odyssey. The beginning where they show primates and one eventually uses a bone to kill another primate.

Back
Top Bottom