naming 'unknown' tracks in iTunes

shrinkboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
i have burnt a lot of vinyl to disc over the years, and those disks to itunes. my problem is i'd love to name the cuts in itunes, but have never figured out how. i did a search, and surprisingly found little if any info on how to do this...anybody got some help for me?

On my MAC I just click on the name in the List View and it becomes selectable and I can change that field. Another way is to select a song and right click and Get Info. From there you can add/delete all kinds of info. Album, artist, year, album art etc.

Get one of those fancy cell phones with the app that listens to a few bars of the music and then names it.

Get one of those fancy cell phones with the app that listens to a few bars of the music and then names it.

I think I read about that on AK.
I mentioned it to my wife and she said she had that on her phone, Sound Hound.
I'm amazed still.
Let the phone listen to the music and within seconds it will tell you the song the artist the album AND other related type music.

I run Windows.

On MP3 files, I am able to right click the track and choose "Properties." I do not do this process in iTunes.

Then I choose the "Summary" tab and can make changes to Artist, Genre, etc.

To change the name of the track, you can left click it twice with a pause between the two clicks and type away. However, I have noticed that iTunes and other music programs prefer to look at the meta data that you manipulate in "Properties."

Yes. This process is tedious.

If you have a whole bunch of files to tag/change, there are programs that will do this for you for a price. I cannot offer any advice on these other than I know they exist.

Ken

Media player. "Find Album Info" then search using the album title. You will get the art and the song titles, you may have to match them up manually to the tracks you have. But once you do, MP will update the ID3 tags for you.

Onepixel gave the info i needed. i knew there had to be an easy way to do this itunes, but could never figger it out

i am gonna give kenindc's method a try too...

thanx fellas

Back
Top Bottom