Nascar's "ROVAL"

I thought it was cool. I get so wore out watching all the mile and half tracks where one car gets out there and just runs away from everyone. Was I lot of other things going on in that race. Would have to see a req season race there to really judge it I think.

I thought it was nice just to see them try something try something new. They've messed with the points so much they make fake drama with the stages. They've messed with the cars so much they can't hardly pass each other. I kind of thought the track had some good racing. But like I say let me see them run on it when not so much on the line.

Used to love NASCAR.

All the early Texas races. Thirteen years straight to the Brickyard and truck and Busch cars at Indianapolis Raceway Park.

They have buggered with it to the point that I can't watch anymore.

Oh no...there is a hot dog wrapper in turn two. Better throw an eight lap caution.

Sorry for the mini rant.
Carry on please.

Used to be a big fan till they ruined it.

Let's bring back real cars like Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers....

I used to be a big fan. Now, the most exciting thing to me is the fly-over. (When one of the military teams does it.)

I try very hard to get interested in the race and all of a sudden they stop it for some kind of stage thing? WTF?

I think they should go back to a “Saturday night” format. Draw for positions, run heat races, a dash for cash, last chance race, and a feature. Keep the laps low, 20-25 lap heats, 20 lap cash race, 50-100 lap feature. Laps would depend on track length. My opinion that would at least make the races count, you gotta go. Just an opinion.
Thanks,
Andy

We turned on the news Sunday (?) and caught I guess the tail end of it - Charlotte, right?

abbreviated "road racing" smash em up stuff and some guy banging on his hood with a hammer -
Honestly, I kinda thought it was Nascar meets WWF - my wife and I both shook our heads and laughed ...

I actually saw the first 2 Formula 1 races in downtown Detroit in the early 80s -
THAT was pretty cool, tho they don't do that anymore

I personally think they need to run more road courses. NASCAR started with oval tracks but the drivers, for the most part, were used to running fast on crooked roads. Think moonshine and mountain roads. Let them get back to the real heritage.

Back
Top Bottom