Nasty Customer Complaint--Not My Fault--Or Anyone's

You are both right--I did just recently buy a new Jag XJR575, but I couldn't take photos at the time, since it rained EVERY day for 2 weeks straight. Now that things are temporarily "improving" I'll have to get photos up in that thread. Unfortunately, I am in Pittsburgh, and it is at home up North. I'll get to it though.

The Hellcat "trade-up" was strictly an "impulse buy". I really had no intention of looking for one, but when I saw the marketing schlock, I just had to have the new one. Although the basic body is still the same, the new one just makes the old one look "dated" (to me, at least)--the extra 90 hp doesn't hurt either, although the old one was arguable "overpowered" to start with.

@zebra03 --quit reminding me, or I'm going to have to go get physically ill--I just spent almost $200K on cars in the last three months. I am not "wealthy" to the point of being able to do that on a regular basis. There were strange circumstances, and a few financial "windfalls" that made this even remotely possible--one of which I will be paying for, for the rest of my life--that would be the insurance settlements from my accident that destroyed my lower spine. But I was already positioned for a fairly comfortable retirement, have no "heirs" and the few surviving members of my family are all financially secure (there is no "future generation" for our family), so I just "blew some money", so to speak--can't take it with me, and I really have no one to leave it to, so my last will and testament will read "being of sound mind and body, I spent it".
I volunteer to be your heir if you still need one...

Yeah, it varies from state to state, county to county, township to township, boro to boro, etc. around here. You submit a plan with estimated completion dates and specs, but there is no particular order in which they must be completed.
but generally the walls up before the roof works well...

By the time you reach 60 you'd think they would have reached a level of understanding of how weather affects construction just by osmosis. Showing them was the right move. Good luck in the future with the project.

Snow sucks worse than rain, except for the people who like snow.

I'm not sure what to think about those people.

Well, I guess I don't know what you'd think of me--I'll take snow over rain any day of the week. I'd rather be cold than wet (or worse yet, cold AND wet). I hate the heat and humidity too--I can always put more clothes on, but at a certain point it becomes immoral or illegal to take any more off. ;)

By the time you reach 60 you'd think they would have reached a level of understanding of how weather affects construction just by osmosis. Showing them was the right move.

One would certainly think so, but people live in their own little worlds and can be rather "oblivious". The old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" works best--that's why we took them out there to see for themselves what we all "collectively" (me, the developer, and them) were up against.

Back
Top Bottom