National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

VinylEargasm

Remember the scene when Clark falls off the roof while putting up Christmas lights? He grabs onto the gutter causing a massive ice spear to crash through his neighbors window and into his stereo system. They look like some sort of high end amps that get destroyed by the ice projectile. Does anyone have any idea if they were something that was real or just a stage prop?

This is the only picture I could find.

vlcsnap-2262751.png

Merry Christmas!

Remember the scene when Clark falls off the roof while putting up Christmas lights? He grabs onto the gutter causing a massive ice spear to crash through his neighbors window and into his stereo system. They look like some sort of high end amps that get destroyed by the ice projectile. Does anyone have any idea if they were something that was real or just a stage prop?

This is the only picture I could find.

vlcsnap-2262751.png

Merry Christmas!

If I had to guess, I'd guess it was something from Bang & Olufsen. That's the kind of look they've been doing for yonks.

This movie is trash! This movie is great! I watch it once a year, of course at Christmas time. As a fan of B&O having a bunch of B&O stuff this scene is one of the highlights of the movie. :D

The neighours of the Griswolds are so called yuppies, dinks, and the Bang&Olufsen system shown in the picture/film suits very fine a snobbish eighties living room of such a couple.

This is gear of the 3500 or 4500 series.

Last edited:
We've been watching this movie every year for quite a few years during the last couple days before xmas - tradition.

Still giggle with Cousin Eddie ....

I like the bit where Clark finally gets all his Christmas lights working, and there is a brief cut-away to some power station where a hand pulls on a lever marked "auxiliary nuclear" or something to put another reactor online. Sounds like some of the OTT houses around here.

Lee.

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ****ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

And thanks to HarmanKardon for identifying the equipment! That Beosystem 4500 is pretty sleek...

beosystem4500.jpg

You know times are tough when "barkin' for the Yak woman" vs. "spreadin' pixie dust on the tilt-o-whirl" is a job promotion. :D

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ****ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

And thanks to HarmanKardon for identifying the equipment! That Beosystem 4500 is pretty sleek...

beosystem4500.jpg

You're Welcome pal. :thmbsp:

So many great lines in that movie!

Why Clark, that's the gift that keeps on givin'.

He's got a little Mississippi leg hound in him if you know what I mean!

EXCELLENT MOVIE!! (I have it recorded from analogue cable (HBO))

The last good VACATION movie :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom