National Lampoon's Christmas

Todd:
Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?

Clark:
Bend over and I'll show you.

Todd:
You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.

Clark:
I wasn't talking to you.

watch it every christmas
a5cf9141fd760d3038569a39532a9487.gif

This thread was too good, so we watched it -- again -- last night. I love the t(h)rashings of neighbours "Todd & Margo", even the scene @ which the SWAT squad, for no apparent (good/explained) reason, bust down their front door.

And, per ususal, while the entire cast is superb, I was again consumed w/ joy @ every scene involving "Uncle Lewis" (Bill Hickey) and "Aunt Bethany" (Mae Questel).

Still another wonderful scene:

Cast: Sings (short version of) the "Star-Spangled Banner" as (plastic) Santa's sleigh & reindeer soar through the skies, propelled by (yet another) explosion caused by yet another instance of Uncle Lewis lighting up a cigar.

Aunt Bethany: @ the conclusion of the anthem hollers "Play ball!"

“You couldn’t hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.”

Best line ever!

The "Uncle Lewis" character gets so many great lines. Recall @ The Christmas Dinner Table when he shouts at spouse (Aunt) Bethany, who is very hard of hearing, making sure she can also read his lips, "The blessing, they want you to say THE BLESSING!". IIRC, he even points at his lips as he SHOUTS out the phrase.

LMAO! My wife wears 'hearing enhancements' and when we're sitting together having holiday meals with family I cant help but think of Uncle Lewis and Aunt Bethany.
I guess life really does imitate art. : D

''can i refill your eggnog for you ? get you something to eat ? drive you out to the middle of nowhere & leave you for dead ?................................. Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark'' :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom