NBA security for 2015-16 season

ScramMan2

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
New this season are Walk Through Metal Detectors. We had a training session on them yesterday prior to our first pre-season game. They should be faster than the hand wanding process we used for the last two seasons, which will now become the secondary scan method.

Read more about it here: http://www.bmoharrisbradleycenter.com/guest-services/nba-screening

Of course I got my usual collection of a small knife and bottle/wine corkscrew opener fans try to hide outside. Last nights game had only 7,500 in attendance and there were no lines, opening night will be the true test, it'll be sold out.

Last edited:
Saw this on the local news this morning. Tonight is the Sacramento King's first home game. (I think)

Says a lot about what they think about the fan base.

It's not just the NBA. Marquette men's basketball also uses it.

I still see people hiding items outside the venue before they go in. Pocket knives, box cutters, flasks (the new tactic is plastic flasks), recently a dinner fork (not the first time), and beer/other alcohol. What's fun is to see them looking for it after the game.

This process does slow down entry time as people can't follow simple instructions to have their keys and cellphones out. So don't come 10 minutes before a big game, you won't make it to your seat on time. We are running 90 minute gates for all NBA games this year.

Long ago I worked once in awhile as a bouncer for the big Rock show promoter in Chicago, Jam Productions. We took lots of dope off people and many knives and such, I had quite a collection of knives and about a dozen nice umbrellas, several nice coolers too. Once I took a fifth of Chevas Regal off some naive suburban punk who asked me to save it for him. Yeah, right.

Back
Top Bottom