NEARC SWAP MEET IN westford mass

gigbyt

Bikes putaway, HIFI time!
Anybody going to this tomorrow?
its at the westford regency inn in westford mass
219 Littleton rd
starts at 8 am-12pm
10 bux to get in.
ive been before and there is tons of vintage stuff to be had.

I shall be there, as usual. Made my big Dynaco score there several years back. Granted, stuff like that doesn't show up every time (and certainly not for that sort of price), but there's always something interesting at this show. :banana:
-Adam

Just got back, 1st time there… Lots of 'mature' white guys looking at elderly electronics… :) I was sorta hoping they might have a few top end Saba or Grundig radios, but not this time. Still, was fun to browse around...

Just got back, 1st time there… Lots of 'mature' white guys looking at elderly electronics… :) I was sorta hoping they might have a few top end Saba or Grundig radios, but not this time. Still, was fun to browse around...

There were a number of nice European radios around. Did you see the big German radio in the main hallway with the sliding doors over the front? Forget who made it, but it was a pretty high-end model back in its day, complete with a wired remote control.

Anyway, I had a fun time at the show, as usual. My 'big' find was a Kyocera DA-910 CD player, which should be nice if it works. Also got a Heathkit SB-620 'panadaptor' to go with my SB-102 transceiver, a Pioneer F-101T tuner/timer, a bunch of EM84 'magic eye' tubes, a Litronix "Checkmate" calculator from the mid '70s, and a few odds and ends. As often happens at these shows, I didn't buy a whole lot related to antique radios... :rolleyes:
-Adam

I saw very few 'high-end' German radios, but there certainly was some neat stuff. The big radio in hall was a Siemens Schatulle, the vendor wanted $375… There's one on the 'Bay right now for $1200…! Maybe the one at the show was a bargain... :D

Back
Top Bottom