Need 2285b pwr output assy

denisky

I was so excited to find a pristine 2285b until I opened to find the power output assembly missing, the heatsink with 16 power transistors plus the attached circuit board. I would be so greatful for any guidance to finding one. Dennis in Bothell, Washington 206-409-1476

Hello Dennis, there are only 8 Transistors on the heatsink.
And yes, the 2285B sounds much better with the poweramp installed.

Helmut

ruesselschorf said:
Hello Dennis, there are only 8 Transistors on the heatsink.
And yes, the 2285B sounds much better with the poweramp installed.

Helmut
Oh yes now I see. I miss read the blow apart drawing in the service manual. From your experiences on this forum, Ebay and wherever else, do you think I stand much of a chance of ever finding the power supply assembly I need?
I do appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

EchoWars said:
Hopefully you didn't pay good money for it...:scratch2:
I got it so long ago I forgot where and for how much. I'm sure it wasn't much. It was actually the beauty of it that caught my eye. Am I gathering correctly by your comment that you don't believe I stand much of a chance of finding the assembly I need?

Pretty slim. Some units get parted out, some don't. Just doesn't seem to happen to Marantz too often. Either watch eBay carefully, or sell it as a parts unit.

A sharp tech could rig up a new amp section...MOSFET even, maybe. Time, money, determination, and a bit of talent can overcome a hellova lot.

Now that's a real clever approach. I would have to dredge up my sixties vintage electronics schooling knowledge to pull it off, but hey I'm retired and have lots of time. Realistically I'll likely look for the plug-in assembly and then offer what I have for parts. Everything else is pristine. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom