Need a bit of help right no sound

disisme

Just looking for a bit of insight as to what may or may not be a problem on my Marantz 2238B.
Here's whats happening, when listening to music using Foobar2000 from my laptop,USB cord going from laptop to dac then to Marantz.

If I turn Balance all the way to Right side on reciever I get no sound and the Left side is completely no sound, if I start turning balance toward Left speaker I start getting sound on the Left speakers but still nothing on the right speakers.

If I switch to Mono I get sound equal on Right and Left speakers.

If I switch to FM I get normal Balance on Right and Left speakers.

I recorded all the music as Flac files for the computer.
I no longer have CD player.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks mbz, really didn't think it was unit , but you guys as always are great confirmers. I'll check into it.

Thanks I will try that, working tonight but will try tomorrow and report back. Obviously it has to do with dac cables seeing as Fm works as it should ?

Sorry it took so long to come back. I checked cables and it would appear to be problem with DAC. I connected up an old Sony cd player with same cables direct to Marantz and both channels are playing good. Is it possible its a setting in Foobar 2000?

Ok rechecked all cables then unplugged and replugged the DAC to the Aux and it worked although the sound level seems to be quite a bit lower than with the cd player volume. But hey at least nothing is broke.

Back
Top Bottom