Need Advice on Damaged Ebay Item

Hi Guys, Hi TO:

Well, the TT Seller is being a real stubborn jackass- now he's saying in his emails that if I dont like the TT that I should return it to him- with the stipulations that I pay the shipping cost back to him, that I do so within 5 days, and then he'll return my money back to me. Is this guy for real? Like he's gonna give me my $$ back for the whole TT, when I cant even get the much lesser amount from him to just get a replacement needle?

I told him that I never said I didnt like TT. All I want is for him to compensate me the money for the damaged stylus so that I can buy a replacement and thus be able to use the turntable. I told him, HE packed it and arranged to have it shipped and that I paid him promptly- and paid extra $$ for Insurance, so the damaged stylus is the result of either his faulty packing (no protection inside the dustcover- so is it that hard to believe the stylus could come off and break?) or rough handling in Shipping. Why should I have to be the one to deal with the hassle of filing a Claim to get compensated for the stylus? Where on Ebay's Site does it say its the Buyer's obligation? But the Seller- he doesnt get it, and he has the gaul to threaten ME, saying Ebay will punish me for fraud in trying to get money outve him. Unbelievable. This guy- geez, he has the IQ of a piece of soggy toast!

Well look, in the worst case scenario, I just buy the stylus myself- luckily the part is not too expensive. But I will do my best to try and have Ebay get on him for this. I'm not letting him off the hook that easily, have to stand up for the principle of the matter here and let that dirtbag know he cant get away with trying to ducj his responsibilty in this matter.

***Anyway- to mention something more pleasant: Gentleman- it is becoming clear to me, that the more I have a chance to listen to the BA-5000, that this is a truly SPECIAL amp. The sound ...... I am beyond words- Its just amazing. I love my AU-717, AU-919, 9090DB and so forth,... but there just isnt a contest with the BA-5000. The BA-5000 RULES. I kid you not- the amp and the CA-3000 are both in great cosmetic condition- the power meters by the way are a very cool light blue- not yellow, as I thought- like on AU-20000, 9090DB... The CA-3000 has the same matching blue meters (for Level, not Power) - so the combo is just heavenly.

I have never heard such a full-bodied sound with tremendous "weight" behind it coming from the fab Ren 90 speakers as Ive heard now with the BA-5000. Its just awesome. The BA-5000 has several red spkr binding posts in the backs- 3 to be exact - to select either 8, 4, or 2 ohm impedance in conjunction with one black post thats common to all. I selected 4 ohms for my Ren 90's. The claret colored cover on top is actually half a cover- as the front part is the 3 huge transformers themselves- will try and post pics over the weekend and you'll see what I mean.

Lost of great music listening:

Dixie Chicks- "Traveling Soldier" from their latest album- which I picked up right away after recently seeing them on Sat Night Live. Great song, great recording.

Beck- Sea Change cd. I wasnt much into Beck before, but he was on SNL too recently- saw him perform "Lost Cause". The cd is very smooth on the ears and the sound is crystal clear- an excellent latte night, turn lights down record to listen to.

Grateful Dead- American Beauty. I wouldnt say I'm a DeadHead- but this is a really good album- picked up the Rhino HDCD version-stunning sound quality.

Some of my Steve Hoffman DCC's and MFSL's such as Roy Orbison, Elvis, Moody Blues- In Search of the Lost Chord, and what is truly a masterpiece- Blood Sweat & Tears' "Child is Father to the Man"- anyone know that one? -? 'Megan's Gypsy Eyes'= great tune!

Also some Fleetwood Mac, Tull's 'Stand Up", Bob Marley "Waiting in Vain" and my fave- Kaya album.

Air- Moon Safari cd- "All I Need" is a great track. new Mark Knopfler cd- he is THE man on guitar- thats MY sound!, Richard Thompson, Elvis Costello 'Trust', .... man I can go on and on and on.....

B/F. Did I mention that the BA-5000 RULES?!!! :)

Toot that horn boy!!! Glad to hear it arrived safely & it seems to be everything you hoped for & more. Just one question...

"How are your folks up stairs taking it though?" :D
mOOn

Well, I dont have THOR's high SPL-level hearing capacity:), so I never listen to music BLASTING loud- just in the range of normal Volume to a wee-bit cranked up.

The 300 Watts isnt a matter of being Loud, the beauty of the BA-5000 is how incredibly smooth, full bodied, and warm sounding it is- and when driven thru Infinity Renaissance 90 speakers, how much of a huge Soundstage it can deliver.

The other Sansui's I have, also have these nice amplification qualities, but in the BA-5000, it is taking all those great things and just putting it at its highest level possible- and it is FAR beyond all of them- even the 170W AU-20000 (the integrated amp version of the BA-3000) I have, thats one superb amp, but its not close to the BA-5000 either. And I would say the Stereo Odyssey Stratos also cant approach it- maybe the monoblocks can, I dunno, All can say is the BA-5000 is the ULTIMATE Sansui amp. I would like hear the 80's version of it which would be the 300 Watt B-2301. That bad boy though at 82 lbs doesnt quite weigh in at the BA-5000's hefty 108 lbs. So you can be sure that with an amp of this size- BIG amp translates into BIG sound.

And fact that they (the CA-3000 too) are in such close to new condition, makes it a true pleasure to own.

BF,

Dang it, have you checked into what you can do through PayPal yet? I didn't see anything in your messages yet....

From what I understand, you can get PayPal to absolutely grab money right out of his checking account -- FINE justice in return for your trouble. DEFINITELY get in there and check out what you might be able to do!

Yeah... Nudies! Hey isn't Night Wolf in New York?!

Maybe he could drop by with his trusty SCREWdriver & help you out!!!

Sorry... Couldn't resist that one! :D

I'll see if I can take some pics over the weekend. I'm going to have to do some hi fi equipment rearranging & organization and see where I want to settle on a spot for the BA-5000. Right now, its on a old, but decent sized coffee table, and luckily the table hasnt collapsed yet due to the enormous weight of the BA-5000 on it.

As for the TT- Tommy: I will contact Paypal but I dont think its that easy to just say to them a guy on Ebay doesnt want to give me my money back to buy a damaged part for an item he sent me and expect Pypal to takes $$ away from him and transfer it to me. They might have to investigate it and so forth and it could take a while to resolve. Or they might say, if I bought it on Ebay, then contact Ebay about it. It would be nice if they could understa my problem and resolve it right away, maybe they can if I contact them, but I just dont think its that simple to get $$ back.

Back
Top Bottom