Need advice to power Quantum 4 speakers

rockarolla

Hello,
I am looking for advice on power suggestions for a pair of Infinity Quantum 4 speakers. I currently have a Yamaha rs201 receiver. This unit is nice sounding at lower levels and really does not have the juice to make these speakers sound there best at higher volume levels. If I push it to hard it will shut down, I would prefer and integrated amp but would consider an amp - pre amp solution. have a budget of $1000.00. would prefer used equipment. Thank you,

For a grand you could easily buy a Adcom gfa555 and gfp555 or 565 that would be very nice setup. I use my quantum 4 with an Adcom gfa5500 and it goes well with them so I suspect the 555 would be at least as good maybe better. Lots of nice gear out there for that price. Hafler, BK, Adcom, Kenwood basic m2, carver, all made nice >150watt amps which would go nicely with those quantum4's.

In my review I have been checking out the following:
Hegel h60
Outlaw rr2160
Rogue Sphinx
Vincent Audio
Plinius 8200

If I go with an Adcom, What pre-amp is recommended.
For under a grand including the cost of the amp you could just use an Adcom preamp. The gfp565 or 555 are both nice units that go well with their amps. The ones with the built in tuners are considered to be inferior to the ones that don’t but I don’t have experience with the tuner/preamp ones. My brother has been using a gfp565 for 25years or so and has never needed to be taken off the shelf and is in use daily.

Always had great experiences with Yamaha powering my Infinity towers. I am currently using a powerful Yamaha MX-1 for my QLS-4s.

Back
Top Bottom