Need Amp for K240DF

Neah... Even if there is no voltage drop on the output transistors (CMOS OpAmp) we have for 10 V rail-to-rail:
Power.JPG

Well hell. Used Valhalla 2's (I need the 2 for the pre-outs) are about $300 on EBay. The $339 MP-301 MkIII comes from Canada for an extra $60 in shipping charges.

However somebody an hour away is selling an MP-301 MkIII on CL for $200. That's half off the new shipped price. I emailed them. My schedule is super tight the next few days which is frustrating but I'm really hoping to hear back from this seller.

20170412_140310.jpg

Well it's sufficiently driving my K240DF. No more clipping like my Headroom amp was doing. I tried my K701s as well and I'm not getting any hum. So this unit isn't afflicted with that. I'm really impressed by the speaker performance. I've had t-amps for far too long. For being rated at a lot less power this amp is driving my speakers in nearfield with a weight and authority that I wasn't used to experiencing in my office setup. Any compromises in headphone performance are made up for in speaker performance.

Back
Top Bottom