Need good repair shop for vintage Fisher RS-Z1

Dave04M3

I have a Fisher RS-Z1 that I have had now for 20 years. I need a good recomendation for a good repair shop in the Los Angeles area. When I turn on the receiver I don't get any sound but if I tilt it a tad it will start to play and then stop and I have to repeat this quite a few times. I had it repaired before about 3 years ago and spent $200 and they didn't fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this model it was part of the Professional Digital Reference Series that has fiber optic coupling and is rated at 150wpc from 20hz-20khz with .007% THD. I love this receiver...

Dave

It might have a hairline crack in a PC board or perhaps dirty switches. Gotta look closely to track it down. A 'scope could track the signal and see where it's getting lost.

Hi,
I have that model and had the same situation. Fixed.If You open the top metal cover You will notice some dark spot close to the back side of the unit.Down there is a electrolytical capacitor,not a big one.It went dry.Just replace it with a new one.That is all.

Back
Top Bottom