Need help choosing between Fisher RS-616 or harman kardon pm 635

So I had decent early 90s fisher amp that worked well for years. Yesterday it sh*t the bed..

Now I am on the hunt. I found the two stereos mentioned in the thread title at right around the same price point of $35-40. One is local, one is on fee bay. Whichever stereo I choose will be driving a pair of Infinity Reference Four 6 ohm speakers.

Having trouble deciding which receiver to choose and why.
Any input is appreciated. Thanks folks!

Last edited:
The harman kardon is a high current amp btw...no frills type of thing..an integrated amp...

The fisher was marketed as more of a A/V receiver..it has a tuner and more inputs...(I own a tuner so that isn't a dealbreaker)

I am basically trying to find out First..which one will be the best match for my infinitys and secondly which has the better phono section?

Tho any input on either of the stereos would be great...thanks folks!

Last edited:
Well...

I collect integrated amps so I'm a bit bias.

With that said, the Build quality of the HK is far superior over the Fisher. And unless you need the tuner, I'd say your better off with the HK.

Do a good cleaning in the pots/switches and enjoy it!

Would love to see some pix if you do get it.

Good luck.

Kind Regards,
John

Just an update here..the HK really rocks, doesnt take hardly any volume to drive the 6 ohm infinity reference fours...and sounds fantastic as well. probably the best setup ive had. Snagged the infinities for 70 bucks locally! Very, very happy with the setup....cheers!

Yep, good choice! Fisher once made great gear, but after Avery passed away, their gear went downhill real fast.

update..owned it for over a year still love the sound. I barely have to turn it up..seems like a very efficient amp. Currently running infinity ref four speakers.
pots/switches need cleaned...is it easy access to them and an easy job?

Back
Top Bottom